Return to "Tom Clancy" page.
- Published sources should be provided before moving these back into the article
- Collaboration on a book is the ultimate unnatural act.
- Crazy people do crazy things.
- I hope people learn to appreciate our people in uniform. These aren't guys who just shoot 'em up. They plan. And they are extremely intelligent.
- I've been reading military history since I was a kid.
- If everyone in business prepared as carefully as professional soldiers, they'd be better off.
- Immense intelligence is needed from our commanders.
- It's a shame that Gen. Schwarzkopf didn't pay a little closer attention to what his field commanders were doing. But in his defense, he had political considerations to deal with.
- It's not right to say that our loss in Vietnam turned out to be a gain. But lessons were learned. And they were the right lessons.
- Soldiers are in the business of death-inflicting it, and, as little as possible, receiving it. They must be careful, but they also must take risks. And they reduce those risks by planning.
- Success will ruin your life.
- The military leaders on the line — the guys at the sharp end — are better than many civilian leaders. And their troops are better cared for and led than the average American worker.
- The threat is gone. Saddam Hussein may look like a bull but he's a steer. And there's a big difference between a bull and a steer — ask a cow.
- What do I know about sex? I'm a married man.
- When you deploy forces, you must have a good reason. The country must be behind those forces. And they must be trained, prepared and supported.
- People often tell me that Naval Academy graduates are the best officers, and that Villanova Navy graduates are a close second. I don't think so. I think Villanova grads are better. Academy grads have great educations. But Villanova grads have it all: character, leadership skills, social skills, the ability to interact with others, and a great education.
- After seeing army mock battle: "It was Disneyland with guns!"