Australian-American media mogul
- Fuck Dacre. Publish.
- After all, we are in the entertainment business.
- Remarks after the Hitler diaries turned out to be forgeries.
- Robert Harris, Selling Hitler
- News — communicating news and ideas, I guess — is my passion. And giving people alternatives so that they have two papers to read (and) alternative television channels.
- Can we change the world? No, but hell, we can all try.
- In this country, Fox News has gotten a big, big audience that appreciates its independence. There's passion there, and it's pushed. … It has taken a long boot time, but it has now changed CNN because it has challenged them — they've become more centrist in their choice of stories. They're trying to become, using our phrase, more fair and balanced.
- I have to admit that until recently I was somewhat wary of the warming debate. But I believe it is now our responsibility to take the lead on this issue.
- The greatest thing to come out of this [the war in Iraq] for the world economy, if you could put it that way, would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country.
- Well, except for ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, the Washington Post, and about another 100 newspapers, I find little evidence of liberal bias in the media.
- Asked about liberal bias in the mainstream media.
- Keith Olbermann is trying to make a business out of destroying Bill O'Reilly. He's done certain things to Bill O'Reilly that I believe were way over the line. I think that's bad behavior. But it's okay for him to criticize Bill. And Bill shouldn't be so sensitive. He should ignore that. 
- Asked about Bill O'Reilly's main on-air rival MSNBC host Keith Olbermann
- They’ve started it. We’ve had bitter, personal attack on some of our people. They tried to destroy our credibility as a network. But it is only natural that the people can stand who were personally attacked and their children were personally attacked should fight back and I support them. I support my people completely. 
- Asked about feud between News Corp. with GE and MSNBC
- While it's impossible to be completely prepared for a downturn of this magnitude, we began priming ourselves for a weakening economy earlier last year. We have implemented strict cost cutting measures across all our operations. We have reduced headcount in individual businesses where appropriate and we've scaled back on capital expenditures. Even in plush times, we have never been a company that tolerates fat. So in times like these, we are better positioned to weather this cycle than our competitors. 
- About News Corp. 6.4 billion quarterly lost in 2008-09
- People are reading news for free on the web, that's got to change.
- Content is not just king, it is the emperor of all things electronic.
- What a fucking idiot.
- About Donald Trump, as quoted in "Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President" (January 2017), by Michael Wolff, NY Mag
Quotes about MurdochEdit
- J. Dowling, Robert; Paula Parisi (2005-11-17). Dialogue: Rupert Murdoch. Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2005-11-28.
- News Corp : Making of a global media business
- Changing views to global warming
- Murdoch praises Blair's 'courage'
- Rupert Murdoch Has Potential
- Countdown's Worst Person: Threats and Feuds Edition
- News Corporation F2Q09 (Qtr End 12/31/08) Earnings Call Transcript
- The 64-gigabyte shape of the future, Washington Post, May 7, 2010
- Encyclopedic article on Rupert Murdoch at Wikipedia