Revenge of the Pink Panther
1978 film directed by Blake Edwards
Revenge of the Pink Panther is a 1978 comedy film in which Chief Inspector Clouseau attempts find out who attempted to assassinate him.
- Directed by Blake Edwards. Written by Frank Waldman, Ron Clark, and Blake Edwards.
Chief Inspector Jacques ClouseauEdit
- Special delivery: a beumb. Were you expecting one? A BEUMB!?
- I am not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill transvestite!
- The Great Inspector Clouseau will not be bothering us anymore.
- Police Commissioner: The Chief thinks that you should give the eulogy.
- Chief Inspector Dreyfus: The what?
- Police Commissioner: The tribute!
- Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Me?
- Police Commissioner: You knew him intimately.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: I hated him intimately!
- Police Commissioner: But you're the expert who's going to track down his murderers!
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: I'm the expert who would dearly love to–– to kiss his murderers, don't you understand?!
- Police Commissioner: Now, the PR people loved the angle.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: Sacrilege! I won't do it.
- Police Commissioner: Politics!
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: No. I'm a good Catholic.
- Police Commissioner: So's the Chief's wife.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: I don't care! [Hesitates] What's she got to do with it?
- Police Commissioner: She wrote the speech.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: Ladies and gentlemen… honored guests… dear friends… we are gathered here to say… good-bye… to a… a great man. [suppresses a laugh; feigns tears]. Not only was he a model police officer… a brilliant detective… [coughs] admired and respected… by his fellow officers… and all those who were fortunate enough;–– enough;–– enough to know him… [suppresses a laugh; feigns tears]… he was, above all else… a modest man! [suppresses a laugh; feigns tears]. His kind, will not pass this way again… and our loss… is surely… Heaven's gain! [breaks down in tears of laughter].
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: Doctor, please, you must help me. Is Clouseau real, or am I going mad again?
- Dr. Paul Laprone: What do you think?
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: What do I think? What can I think? If that nincompoop is really alive and the things I heard are true, he'll probably be decorated again for rounding up the biggest drug ring in France, and I'll be a-a laughingstock.
- Dr. Paul Laprone: That sounds reasonable. What are you going to do?
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: What choice do I have? I either commit myself and come back to be locked up in here...Or... I go to Hong Kong.
- Clouseau: Now, this time I'm going to stand on your shoulders!
- Cato: What good will that do?
- Clouseau: Because I'm taller than you are, you fool!
- Simone Le Gree: Now why do you suppose he wanted to have me killed?
- Clouseau: Elementary. He wanted you dead.
- Simone Le Gree: That's so obvious, he's bound to think it's a trap...
- Philippe Douvier: Yes, or it's so obvious that he's bound to think it can't be a trap.
- Cato: It's so obvious, it's bound to be a trap.
- Clouseau: That is why you'll never be a great detective, Cato. It's so obvious that it could not possibly be a trap.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: Clouseau?
- Clouseau: Yes?
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
- Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.
- Clouseau: But these aren't normal times. Cato. Someone just tried to kill me.
- Cato: That's normal.
- Clouseau: Ah, but this time, he thinks he had succeeded.
- Clouseau: Who were those two men have tried to kill you last night?
- Simone Legree: Killers.
- Sgt. François Chevalier: Why don't you get out of those wet clothes? You could catch pneumonia.
- Clouseau: Yes, I know that. I know that. I will do as soon as I get home, provided that idiot Cato does not attack me first.
- Sgt. François Chevalier: Why don't you just tell him not to?
- Clouseau: Believe me, it's not that easy. I have given him instructions to attack me wherever and whenever possible, and it has now become a matter of pride with him to try to outsmart me. I guarantee that at this very minute, his fiendish little yellow brain is plotting some new ambush.
- Clouseau: You keep talking about this Douvier.
- Simone Legree: Mm-hmm.
- Clouseau: But Philippe, who is... who is-who is Philippe?
- Simone Legree: Philippe Douvier.
- Clouseau: His son?
- Simone Legree: Whose son?
- Clouseau: Douvier.
- Simone Legree: He has no son.
- Clouseau: His brother, then?
- Simone Legree: His brother's name is Fred.
- Clouseau: Then it has to be his father.
- Simone Legree: His father's dead.
- Clouseau: Ah! Now we're getting somewhere. Then who killed him?
- Simone Legree: No one. He died of natural causes.
- Clouseau: Then who is this Philippe?
- Clouseau: [Dreyfus shoots at Clouseau] It's me!
- Chief Insp. Dreyfus: I know!
- [Dreyfus laughs and starts shooting again]
- Peter Sellers - Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau
- Dyan Cannon - Simone Legree
- Herbert Lom - Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus
- Robert Webber - Philippe Douvier
- Burt Kwouk - Cato Fong
- Tony Beckley - Guy Algo
- Robert Loggia - Al Marchione
- Paul Stewart - Julio Scallini
- André Maranne - Sgt. François Chevalier
- Graham Stark - Prof. Auguste Balls
- Alfie Bass - Fernet
- Sue Lloyd - Claude Russo
- Douglas Wilmer - Police Commissioner
- Ferdy Mayne - Dr. Paul Laprone
- Valerie Leon - Tanya
- Ed Parker - Mr. Chong
- Adrienne Corri - Therese Douvier
- Henry McGee - Officer Bardot
- Andrew Sachs - Hercule Poirot
- Julian Orchard - Hospital Clerk
- John Bluthal - Guard at Cemetery
- Rita Webb - Woman at Window
- Ragbir Sraan - Arab Sheikh
- Inspector Clouseau is back...and he's a bigger fool than anyone gives him the credits for.
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the movies...
- Montezuma got his revenge. Now it's the Pink Panther's turn!
- Revenge of the Pink Panther quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Revenge of the Pink Panther at Rotten Tomatoes
- Revenge of the Pink Panther at Allmovie
|The Pink Panther|
|Films||Peter Sellers|| The Pink Panther (1963) · A Shot in the Dark (1964) · The Return of the Pink Panther (1975) · The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) · Revenge of the Pink |
Panther (1978) · Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)
|Alan Arkin||Inspector Clouseau (1968)|
|Roger Moore||Curse of the Pink Panther (1983)|
|Roberto Benigni as Clouseau's son||Son of the Pink Panther (1993)|
|Steve Martin||The Pink Panther (2006) · The Pink Panther 2 (2009)|
|Animated shorts||The original Pink Panther shorts (1964–1980) · The original Inspector shorts (1965–1969) · Driving Mr. Pink (1995)|
|Television||Animated shows||The Pink Panther Show (1969–1980) · Pink Panther and Sons (1984–1985) · The Pink Panther (1993–1996) · Pink Panther and Pals (2010)|
|Animated specials||A Pink Christmas (1978) · Olym-Pinks (1980) · Pink at First Sight (1981) · A Very Pink Christmas (2011)|
|Video games||Passport to Peril (1996) · Hokus Pokus Pink (1998)|