New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a modern-language translation of the Bible published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society for Jehovah's Witnesses in 1961. It is not the first bible to be published by the group, but is their first original translation of ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic biblical texts. As of 2010, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has published more than 165 million copies of the Bible in 87 languages.
- In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Genesis 1:1
- Later on the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, the name of one of whom was Shiph´rah and the name of the other Pu´ah,
yes, he went so far as to say: “When YOU help the Hebrew women to give birth and YOU do see them on the stool for childbirth, if it is a son, YOU must also put it to death; but if it is a daughter, it must also live.”
- Exodus 15-16
- And Jehovah proceeded to call Moses and speak to him out of the tent of meeting, saying:
“Speak to the sons of Israel, and you must say to them, ‘In case some man of YOU would present an offering to Jehovah from the domestic animals, YOU should present YOUR offering from the herd and from the flock.”
- Leviticus 1:1,2
- “And some men should be with YOU, one man to a tribe; each is a head to the house of his fathers.
- Numbers 1:4
- “Jehovah our God spoke to us in Ho´reb, saying, ‘YOU have dwelt long enough in this mountainous region. "
- Deuteronomy 1:1
- The earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.
- He was despised and was avoided by men,
- A man who was meant for pains and was familiar with sickness.
- It was as if his face were hidden from us.
- He was despised, and we held him as of no account.
- No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment.
- Arise, O woman, shed light, for your light has come. The glory of Jehovah shines on you. For look! darkness will cover the earth and thick gloom the nations; But on you Jehovah will shine, and on you his glory will be seen. Nations will go to your light and kings to your shining splendor.
- 60: 1-3
- Happy is the man that has not walked in the counsel of the wicked ones,
And in the way of sinners has not stood,
And in the seat of ridiculers has not sat.
- Psalm 1:1
- The kings of the earth take their stand
- And high officials gather together as one
- Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.
- Psalm 2:2
- I am scorned by all my adversaries,
Especially my neighbors.
And I am dreaded by my acquaintances;
When they see me in public, they flee from me.
I am put out of their heart and forgotten, as if I were dead;
I am like a broken jar.
I have heard many evil rumors;
Terror surrounds me.
When they gather together as one against me,
They scheme to take away my life.
But I trust in you, O Jehovah.
I declare: “You are my God.”
My days are in your hand.
Rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from those persecuting me.
- Psalms 31:11-15
- And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
- Psalm 37: 10,11
- Throw your burden on Jehovah,
- And he will sustain you.
- Never will he allow the righteous one to fall.
- "That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth."
- New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. Psalm 83:18
- For you, O Jehovah, are good and ready to forgive;
- God said: “Because he has affection for me,
- I will rescue him. I will protect him because he knows my name.
- He will call on me, and I will answer him.
- I will be with him in distress.
- I will rescue him and glorify him.
- I will satisfy him with long life,
- And I will cause him to see my acts of salvation.
- Psalms 91:14-16
- So, to me how precious your thoughts are! O God, how much does the grand sum of them amount to! Were I to try to count them, they are more than even the grains of sand. I have awaked, and yet I am still with you.
- 139: 17-18
- The insight of a man certainly slows down his anger, and it is beauty on his part to pass over transgression.
- Proverbs 19:11
- The words of the congregator, the son of David the king in Jerusalem.
“The greatest vanity!” the congregator has said, “the greatest vanity! Everything is vanity!”
- Ecclesiastes 1:1,2
- All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his injury.
- Ecclesiastes 8:9
- All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She´ol, the place to which you are going.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10
- I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.
For man also does not know his time. Just like fishes that are being taken in an evil net, and like birds that are being taken in a trap, so the sons of men themselves are being ensnared at a calamitous time, when it falls upon them suddenly.
- Ecclesiastes 9:11,12
- Remember, now, your Grand Creator in the days of your young manhood, before the calamitous days proceed to come, or the years have arrived when you will say: “I have no delight in them”;
- Ecclesiastes 12:1
Song of SolomonEdit
- The superlative song, which is Sol´o·mon’s:
“May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your expressions of endearment are better than wine.
For fragrance your oils are good. Like an oil that is poured out is your name. That is why maidens themselves have loved you.
Draw me with you; let us run. The king has brought me into his interior rooms! Do let us be joyful and rejoice in you. Do let us mention your expressions of endearment more than wine. Deservedly they have loved you.
- Song of Solomon 1:1-4
- “Look! You are beautiful, O girl companion of mine. Look! You are beautiful. Your eyes are [those of] doves.”
“Look! You are beautiful, my dear one, also pleasant. Our divan also is one of foliage.
The beams of our grand house are cedars, our rafters juniper trees.
- Song of Solomon 1:15-17
- “O that you were like a brother of mine, sucking the breasts of my mother! Should I find you outside, I would kiss you. People would not even despise me.
- Song of Solomon 8:1
- And I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in; and I will fill this house with glory, says Jehovah of armies.
- In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
This one was in [the] beginning with God.
All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.
- John 1:1-3
- Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own Son. I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.
- For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;
- Romans 1:20
- For I consider that the sufferings of the present time do not amount to anything in comparison with the glory that is going to be revealed in us.
- Before the throne was something resembling a glassy sea, like crystal. In the midst of the throne and around the throne were four living creatures that were full of eyes in front and behind. The first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature was like a young bull, and the third living creature had a face like a man’s, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.
- Revelation 4:6–7
- Because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.
- The seventh angel blew his trumpet. And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”
- With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.
And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
- Revelation 21:3,4
|Genesis • Exodus • Leviticus • Numbers • Deuteronomy • Joshua • Judges • Ruth • 1 Samuel • 2 Samuel • 1 Kings • 2 Kings • 1 Chronicles • 2 Chronicles • Ezra • Nehemiah • Esther • Job • Psalms • Proverbs • Ecclesiastes • Song of Solomon • Isaiah • Jeremiah • Lamentations • Ezekiel • Daniel • Hosea • Joel • Amos • Obadiah • Jonah • Micah • Nahum • Habakkuk • Zephaniah • Haggai • Zechariah • Malachi|
|Esdras • Tobit • Judith • Additions to Esther • Wisdom of Solomon • Susanna • Baruch • Additions to Daniel • Prayer of Manassheh • 1 Maccabees • 2 Maccabees|
|Matthew • Mark • Luke • John • Acts • Romans • 1 Corinthians • 2 Corinthians • Galatians • Ephesians • Philippians • Colossians • 1 Thessalonians • 2 Thessalonians • 1 Timothy • 2 Timothy • Titus • Philemon • Hebrews • James • 1 Peter • 2 Peter • 1 John • 2 John • 3 John • Jude • Revelation|