type of extramarital sex
(Redirected from Marital infidelity)
- I'll match my private wife against any man's.
- You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Adultery is a meanness and a stealing, a taking away from someone what should be theirs, a great selfishness, and surrounded and guarded by lies lest it should be found out. And out of meanness and selfishness and lying flow love and joy and peace beyond anything that can be imagined.
- Adultery is the application of democracy to love.
- H. L. Mencken in A Mencken Chrestomathy (1949).
- Adultery is treason to the family; adulterers should be put to death.
- No one walks together with him or directs their steps towards him. Life passes him by like water. He is dear to no just man, plague prevails over him. Like a worthless penny. [...] He is clothed with a garment as if a heavy punishment were assigned to him. Who is he? His name? A man sleeping with someone's wife.