1985 film by Richard Donner
- Phillipe: [regarding the empty space in the sword's hilt] Sir, you don't think that I took that...
- Etienne: No, this is mine to fill. Each generation is called upon to follow its own quest.
- Phillipe: What is your quest?
- Etienne: I must kill a man.
- Phillipe: Tell me, does this walking corpse have a name?
- Etienne: His Grace, the Bishop of Aquila.
- Phillipe: The Bishop. I see. Well... well, then you have too much to do. And I've already been enough of a burden to you. I do hope our paths cross again one day.
- Etienne: I need you to guide me into the city.
- Phillipe: Not for the life of my mother! Even if I knew who she was.
- Etienne: You are the only one who has ever escaped from there.
- Phillipe: It was chance! Pure chance! A miracle! Once in a lifetime! I fell down a hole and followed my nose!
- Etienne: [sighs] I have waited almost two years for a sign from God. So when I heard the morning bells of Aquila, I knew the moment of my destiny had come. You will be my guiding angel.
- Phillipe: Me?
- Etienne: [nods]
- Phillipe: Sir. The truth is, I talk to God all the time. And no offense, but He never mentioned you.
- Imperius: I fully expect to meet you at the Pearly Gates, little thief, and don't you dare disappoint me.
- Phillipe: I'll meet you there, Father... even if I have to pick the lock.