Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey is a 1993 American remake of the 1963 film The Incredible Journey, which was based on the best-selling novel The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford. Directed by Duwayne Dunham, it was released on February 3, 1993. It grossed $41,833,324 worldwide and was followed in 1996 by Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco. This film is dedicated to producer Franklin R. Levy, who died during production of the film.
[at the vet, having porcupine quills removed]
- Chance: Okay, okay, I'll talk! I left a gift on the carpet. I let Sassy take the rap for when I unrolled the toilet paper all over the house. I stole underwear on three occasions.
[the vet yanks a quill out of his face]
- Chance: Okay, okay, four!
- Fat Guy: Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty.
- Sassy: "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty." Not on your life, chubby.
- Fat Guy: Here, kitty, kitty. Here, kitty. Scat! Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.
- Sassy: No, dummy, dummy, dummy, dummy.
- Fat Guy: [goes back inside] Dumb...cat!
- Sassy: Oh, what a bozo.
- Shadow: Chance, you're a genius!
- Chance: No, I'm not! Uh, what's a genius?
- Shadow: Never mind.
- Chance: Look, you pushed me this far, now I'm pushing you the rest of the way! Y'know, back there in the woods, even when things looked really bad, I'd always believe we'd make it because I always thought you were too stubborn to quit. Well, you're not going to quit. Not now, not when we're this close! Now try again!
- Shadow: Do you think it's easy for me to admit I can't do it? I'm too old.
- Chance: That's not true! There's nothing you can't do!
- Shadow: I have nothing left to give, Chance. And it's time for you to be on your own.
- Chance: But I want you with me... I love you, Shadow.
- Shadow: You've learned everything you need, Chance. Now all you need to learn is how to say goodbye.
[Chance sees a porcupine, but he doesn't know what it is]
- Sassy: What is that?
- Chance: I don't know. It's probably a squirrel having a really bad hair day.
- [Running from the puma]
- Chance: I can't believe I'm running from a cat!
- Shadow: I won't tell if you won't.
- Chance: Of course, this isn't your ordinary housecat. This is like Arnold Schwarzen-kitty!
- Chance: Remember hot dogs, Shadow?
- Shadow: Yeah, I wasn't much for the name, though.
- Chance: I don't think they're really made of dog.
- Shadow: I don't think they're made of meat!
- Sassy: Like my mother always said, curiosity killed the dog.
- Chance: I'm too pooped to poop.
- Chance: Shadow was loyal, Shadow was faithful... Shadow was a chump.
- Shadow: I thought you were gonna stay, pup.
- Chance: Yeah, but I thought I should come along, in case you two needed protection.
- Sassy: My hero! Guess I'm gonna have to stare at YOUR butt the whole way.
[Chance has just gotten attacked by a porcupine]
- Chance: [yelping] Aaah! Aaah! He bit me with his butt!
- Sassy: It's like I said all along, poopsie: cats rule and dogs drool.
- Chance: Oh, get a life. Get nine of 'em.
- Sassy: But it's true. Cats are smarter than dogs, and more attractive... and we don't drink from the toilet!
[Chance lets a rabbit run away]
- Chance: I hate fast food.
[Chance is chewing on an old boot]
- Sassy: Do you have any idea where that's been?
- Chance: Yeahhh. That's why I like it. You want some?
- Sassy: I'm not really into leather.
- Sassy: You just woke me up from a very deep catnap.
- Chance: What's the matter, Sassy? Get up on the wrong side of the litter box?
- Sassy: Even a great beauty needs her beauty sleep!
- Chance: Beauty sleep? You'd have to sleep for, like, a month!
- Chance: [sees a real live turkey for a second time] Oh! Birdzilla returns!
- Chance: [riding with his head out the car window] Da Daaaa Bat Dog!
- Chance: [Final words] Turkey! Turkey, turkey, turkey, turkey!
- Shadow: [watches Chance chase a rabbit] There goes the bunny... There goes the pup... There goes breakfast.
- Don Ameche as the voice of Shadow
- Michael J. Fox as the voice of Chance
- Sally Field as the voice of Sassy
- Robert Hays as Bob Seaver
- Kim Greist as Laura Burnford-Seaver
- Benj Thall as Peter Burnford
- Veronica Lauren as Hope Burnford
- Kevin Chevalia as Jamie Seaver
- Gary Taylor as Frank
- Jean Smart as Kate