A metaphor for intense emotional/physical stress or pain one feels at experiencing great and deep longing.
(Redirected from Heartbreak)
|This psychology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Who needs a heart, when a heart can be broken?
- Tell General Howard I know his heart. What he told me before, I have it in my heart. [...] Hear me, my Chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the Sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
- Chief Joseph, speech in surrendering to General Nelson Appleton Miles after long evading a pursuit nearly to the border of Canada (5 October 1877).
- Doch ein gekränktes Herz erholt sich schwer.
- May Inana pour oil on my heart that aches.
- Never morning wore
To evening, but some heart did break.