For Your Eyes Only (film)
1981 James Bond film by John Glen
For Your Eyes Only is a 1981 film in which Agent 007 is assigned to hunt for a lost British encryption device and prevent it from falling into enemy hands.
- Directed by John Glen. Written by Michael G. Wilson and Richard Maibaum, based on short stories written by Ian Fleming.
No one comes close to James Bond 007 taglines
- [after kicking a car down a cliff] He had no head for heights.
- [while buying flowers after killing a motorcycle rider] Just send them to the funeral, would you?
- [To General Gogol, after throwing the ATAC console off a cliff rather than give it to him] That's détente, comrade. You don't have it, I don't have it!
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (pre-credits sequence)Edit
- [as Bond throws a dead pilot out of the cockpit] Really? Have you no respect for the dead?
- Blofeld: Mr. Bond! Mr. Bond! We can do a deal! I'll buy you a delicatessen! In stainless steel!
- [Bond grabs Blofeld's wheelchair using its landing skids]
- Blofeld: Please! Put me down! Put me down!
- James Bond: Oh? You want to get off? [drops Blofeld into a chimney]
- Blofeld: MISTER BOND!!! [voice trails off on the way down]
- Tanner: You were supposed to question Gonzales, not let Miss Havelock perforate him!
- James Bond: I quite agree, sir.
- Frederick Gray: I'm afraid we have to inform the Prime Minister that Operation Undertow is dead in the water. Why... she'll have our guts for garters!
- [at a hotel room, Bibi Dahl gets naked under the sheets]
- Bibi Dahl: That's a laugh. Everyone knows it builds up muscle tone.
- James Bond: Well, how about you build up a little more muscle tone by putting on your clothes?
- Dahl: Don't you like me?
- Bond: [Wearily] Why, I think you're wonderful, Bibi... But I don't think your uncle Aris would approve.
- Dahl: Him? He thinks I'm still a virgin.
- Bond: Yes, well...you get your clothes on and I'll buy you an ice cream.
- Countess Lisl von Schlaf: Oops! Me nightie's slipping.
- James Bond: So's your accent, Countess. Manchester?
- Von Schlaf: Close. Liverpool.
- Bond: That was a rather amusing conversation between you and the owner of this. What exactly did Columbo whisper to you at the restaurant?
- Von Schlaf: That you were a spy, and to find out more about you.
- Bond: And have you?
- Von Schlaf: Have I ever.
- [Bond enters a confessional]
- James Bond: Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.
- Q: [in disguise as the priest] That's putting it mildly, 007!
- [Bond, having completed his mission, is in no mood to speak with his superiors, but rather to go skinny dipping with Melina]
- Melina Havelock: For your eyes only, darling.
- [Melina and Bond's robes drop to the deck. At MI6 headquarters. Frederick Gray is communicating with Bond via his two-way wristwatch]
- Frederick Gray: Good work Bond. Please stand by as we put you through to the Prime Minister.
- [Bond hangs up wristwatch by the perch of Max the Parrot and goes swimming with Melina. Scene changes to 10 Downing Street]
- The Prime Minister: [over the phone] Ah, Mr. Bond. I wanted to call you personally and to say how pleased we all are that your mission was a success. Thank you.
- Max the Parrot: Thank you, thank you.
- The Prime Minister: Don't thank me, Mr. Bond. Your courage and resourcefulness are a credit to the nation. Denis and I look forward to meeting you. Meanwhile, if there is anything I can do for you...
- Max the Parrot: Give us a kiss, give us a kiss.
- The Prime Minister: Well, really, Mr. Bond.
- Tanner: I think we're having a little trouble with the line, madam.
- Frederick Gray: [to Q] You idiot. Get on to him.
- Q: 007. 007??
- [Max knocks watch overboard]
- Frederick Gray: Bond! Have you gone mad? What's going on? Bond. Bond! BOND!
- No one comes close to James Bond 007
- Bond Has Everything - James Bond Agent 007 Is Back
- Bond for the ladies in For Your Eyes Only
- Bond for action in For Your Eyes Only
- Bond for thrills in For Your Eyes Only
- Roger Moore - James Bond
- Carole Bouquet - Melina Havelock
- Chaim Topol - Milos Columbo
- Lynn-Holly Johnson - Bibi Dahl
- Julian Glover - Aristotle Kristatos
- Cassandra Harris - Countess Lisl von Schlaf
- John Wyman - Erich Kriegler
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- James Villiers - Bill Tanner
- Geoffrey Keen - Sir Frederick Gray
- Walter Gotell - General Anatol Gogol
- For Your Eyes Only quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- For Your Eyes Only at Rotten Tomatoes