Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is a 2022 American superhero film featuring the character Doctor Strange. It is the sequel to Doctor Strange (2016) and the 28th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). In the film, Strange protects America Chavez, a teenager capable of traveling the multiverse, from Wanda Maximoff who is seeking Chavez's powers to find alternate versions of her sons.
- Directed by Sam Raimi. Written by Michael Waldron, based on the Marvel Comics featuring the character Doctor Strange.
Dr. Stephen StrangeEdit
- Wanda's gone. She's got the Darkhold, and the Darkhold has her.
- I love you. I love you; in every Universe.
- "616 Stephen" to "838 Christine"
- I'm going to leave this reality — and go to one where I can be with my children.
- You break the rules and become a hero. I do it and I become the enemy. That doesn't seem fair.
- Know that they’ll be loved.
- "838 Wanda" to "616 Wanda"
- [sees a zombiefied Doctor Strange approaching] Dream-walking? You hypocrite!
- I opened the Darkhold. I have to close it. No one will ever be tempted by the Darkhold again.
- So … the person you went to ask for help — and told exactly where I am — is the person trying to kill me?
- The Scarlett Witch is a being of unfathomable magic. She can re-write Reality as she chooses — and is prophesied to either rule or annihilate the cosmos.
Professor Charles XavierEdit
- Just because someone stumbles and loses their way doesn’t mean they're lost forever. We will see what kind of Doctor Strange you are.
Captain Marvel (Earth-838)Edit
- Get the hell outta my universe!
- I'm sorry.
- You caused an incursion — and we're going to fix it. … Unless you're afraid.
- Dr. Stephen Strange: Giant monsters I can clearly handle, but what bothers me is that last night, you were in my dream.
- America Chavez: That … wasn’t a dream. It was another Universe.
- Dr. Stephen Strange: Wanda. What do you know about the Multiverse?
- Wanda Maximoff: Viz had his theories. He believed it was real — and dangerous.
- Dr. Stephen Strange: Well, he was right about both.
- Wanda Maximoff: You break the rules and become a hero. I do it and become the enemy. That doesn't seem fair.
- Wanda Maximoff: You have no idea just how reasonable I have been.
- Dr. Stephen Strange: Yeah. Book of the Damned, calling yourself a Witch, conjuring creatures to abduct a kid. I don’t exactly call that being reasonable.
- Wanda Maximoff: Sending those creatures after her instead of myself was mercy. And in spite of your hypocrisies and insults, I begged you to safely get out of my way. You have exhausted my patience, but I do hope you understand that even now, what’s about to happen, this is me being reasonable.
- Enter a new dimension of Strange.
- The possibilities are Madness.
- Benedict Cumberbatch - Dr. Stephen Strange, Defender Strange, Sinister Strange, Strange Supreme
- Elizabeth Olsen - Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Benedict Wong - Wong
- Xochitl Gomez - America Chavez
- Rachel McAdams - Christine Palmer
- Julian Hilliard - William "Billy" Maximoff
- Jett Klyne - Thomas "Tommy" Maximoff
- Chiwetel Ejiofor - Karl Mordo
- Patrick Stewart - Charles Xavier / Professor X
- Hayley Atwell - Peggy Carter / Captain Carter
- Lashana Lynch - Maria Rambeau / Captain Marvel
- Anson Mount - Blackagar Boltagon / Black Bolt
- John Krasinski - Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic
- Charlize Theron - Clea