Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange, also known as Doctor Strange, is a fictional superhero appearing in comic books and other media produced by Marvel Comics. Created by artist and character conceptualist Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in Strange Tales #110 (July 1963). A former neurosurgeon, Strange serves as the Sorcerer Supreme, the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats.
- See also:
- Quotes of the character, from various works
- It is time for me to visit the master, from whom all my powers stem…
- 110 : Dr. Strange : Master of Black Magic, by Stan Lee (July 1963), p. 2
- The mystic arts of black magic are older than the memory of man! In time to come, let us peer behind the enchanted veil together!
- I have finally reached my goal! But what inconceivable wonder awaits me now?
One star … gleaming more brightly than all the rest, seem to be beckoning me!
I have no choice but to follow it … and hope it will lead me to him whom I seek!
- Every sense … every emotion I possess … is drawing me toward that shimmering light at the end of this fantastic corridor! I have reached my destination at last!
But … it is no mere light! It is an actual Universe … in microcosm! A world within a world!
- 138 : If Eternity Should Fail (November 1965), p. 3
Doctor Strange : Master of the Mystic Arts (Vol. 1)Edit
- The weariness of a thousand battles sorely oppresses me!
I must sleep … that I may thus regain needed strength!
For who knows what phantom terrors the morrow may bring?
And whatever they be, Dr. Strange must be ready to face them.
- 169 : The Coming of Dr. Strange, by Roy Thomas (June 1968), p. 1
- I am displeased. It is unseemly to practice the mystic arts before the eyes of others.
I must seek seclusion. There is much to think upon.
- 3 : While the World Spins Mad, by Stan Lee, (July 1972), p. 3
Quotes about Doctor StrangeEdit
- This man reaches the very bottom and then more. … You think, How much more can this guy take? He’s broken, he gets up again, he’s broken — and that’s really what makes him a superhero. A lot of people have asked me, "What makes him a superhero?" That’s really the answer I should have given. It’s not the Cloak of Levitation. It’s not the Eye of Agamotto. It’s about his staying power. It’s a marathon and not a sprint. The guy endures so much.