Carnage (2011 film)
2011 film by Roman Polanski
Carnage is a 2011 black comedy film about two pairs of parents who hold a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a fight, though as their time together progresses, increasingly childish behavior throws the discussion into chaos.
- Directed by Roman Polanski. Written by Yasmina Reza and Roman Polanski, based on Le Dieu du carnage by Yasmina Reza.
Alan Cowan Edit
- Morally, you're supposed to overcome your impulses, but there are times you don't want to overcome them.
- [to Penelope] I saw your friend Jane Fonda on TV the other day. It made me want to go out and buy a Ku Klux Klan poster.
- Keep on stroking your own ego. It's beautiful.
- Penelope, I believe in the god of carnage. The god whose rule has been unchallenged since time immemorial.
Nancy Cowan Edit
- I've got a John Wayne idea of manhood, too. What is it he had? A Colt .45. Something that empties a room. Any man that doesn't have those loner vibes just doesn't come off as having any substance.
- Michael Longstreet: I was wondering — and I know this is isn't important — but do you know what they were arguing about? Ethan won't say a word.
- Nancy Cowan: Ethan wouldn't let Zachary be a part of his gang.
- Penelope Longstreet: [horrified] Ethan has a gang?
- Alec Cowan: And he called him a snitch.
- Penelope Longstreet: [to Michael] Did you know Ethan had a gang?
- Michael Longstreet: No, but I'm thrilled to hear it!
- Nancy Cowan: [reaching for the scotch bottle] Let's get out of here, Alan. These people are monsters.
- Alan Cowan: Stop it, Nancy.
- Nancy Cowan: No, no, no. I want to drink some more. I- I wanna get drunk off my ass! This- this bitch throws my bag against the ceiling, nobody lifts a finger. I wanna be blind drunk.
- Alan Cowan: You're drunk enough.
- Nancy Cowan: How can you let her call our son a criminal? We come over here to work things out with them and they, they insult us, they browbeat us, they lecture us about being good citizens of the world! I am glad our son kicked the shit out of your son and I wipe my ass with your human rights!
- Michael Longstreet: Wow! Get a couple of drinks in her and BAM!, her true self comes out.
- Michael Longstreet: Penelope, what happened to your sense of humor?
- Penelope Longstreet: I don't have a sense of humor, and I don't want one!
- Nancy Cowan: At least our kid isn't a little wimpy-ass faggot!
- Penelope Longstreet: Yours is a FUCKING SNITCH!
- Alan Cowan: Nancy, it's absurd to drink in your condition.
- Nancy Cowan: What condition?