English actress and singer
Kate Elizabeth Winslet (born 5 October, 1975, in Reading, Berkshire, England) is an English actress who has appeared in several films, including Heavenly Creatures, Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Reader and Steve Jobs.
- You know why I fear people’s judgment? Because I know they’re judging. I know they are.
- I know when I walk into that classroom in the morning, even if it’s for a split second, at some point I’m being checked out.
- I’m not classically trained. I didn’t come from the fancy home, no.
- Everyone can commit to 20 minutes, especially if there’s a glass of Chardonnay afterwards.
- Of working out in a gym
- This is going to sound really weird, but I never had a desire to be famous. I never had huge ambitions — never.
- I often look at women who wear great jeans and high heels and nice little T-shirts wandering around the city and I think, I should make more of an effort. I should look like that. But then I think, They can’t be happy in those heels.
- I need to be looked after. I’m not talking about diamond rings and nice restaurants and fancy stuff—in fact, that makes me uncomfortable. I didn’t grow up with it and it’s not me, you know. But I need someone to say to me, ‘Shall I run you a bath?’ or ‘Let’s go to the pub, just us.’
- I don’t particularly remember sitting at home crying and eating endless packets of HobNobs. I don’t remember doing that at all. Honestly, I think it was a stress thing or something. I don’t know.
- Of her weight problems
- I do think it’s important for young women to know that magazine covers are retouched. People don’t really look like that. In films I might look glamorous, but I’ve been in hair and make-up for two hours.
- Even now I do not consider myself to be some kind of great, sexy beauty. I don’t mind the way I’m ageing. No reason to panic just yet. I think I look my age, and that’s fine. The lord God almighty has done me proud with my features which I'm proud of and have no desire to alter them. I say " let nature take its course ".
- I don't look like that and I don't desire to look like that.
- Of a digital edited picture on a magazine