Kate Elizabeth Winslet, CBE (born 5 October, 1975, in Reading, Berkshire, England) is an English actress who has appeared in several films, including Heavenly Creatures, Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Reader and Steve Jobs.
- You know why I fear people’s judgment? Because I know they’re judging. I know they are.
- I know when I walk into that classroom in the morning, even if it’s for a split second, at some point I’m being checked out.
- I’m not classically trained. I didn’t come from the fancy home, no.
- Everyone can commit to 20 minutes, especially if there’s a glass of Chardonnay afterwards.
- Of working out in a gym
- This is going to sound really weird, but I never had a desire to be famous. I never had huge ambitions — never.
- I often look at women who wear great jeans and high heels and nice little T-shirts wandering around the city and I think, I should make more of an effort. I should look like that. But then I think, They can’t be happy in those heels.
- I need to be looked after. I’m not talking about diamond rings and nice restaurants and fancy stuff—in fact, that makes me uncomfortable. I didn’t grow up with it and it’s not me, you know. But I need someone to say to me, ‘Shall I run you a bath?’ or ‘Let’s go to the pub, just us.’
- I don’t particularly remember sitting at home crying and eating endless packets of HobNobs. I don’t remember doing that at all. Honestly, I think it was a stress thing or something. I don’t know.
- Of her weight problems
- I do think it’s important for young women to know that magazine covers are retouched. People don’t really look like that. In films I might look glamorous, but I’ve been in hair and make-up for two hours.
- Even now I do not consider myself to be some kind of great, sexy beauty. I don’t mind the way I’m ageing. No reason to panic just yet. I think I look my age, and that’s fine. The lord God almighty has done me proud with my features which I'm proud of and have no desire to alter them. I say " let nature take its course ".
- I don't look like that and I don't desire to look like that.
- Of a digital edited picture on a magazine
- It's a funny time to be nominated for things and accepting prizes when people as great as him have left us. But I don't want to leave you on a sad note, so I'm going to tell a funny story about Al if I can. When I worked with him when I was only 19 years old, I was absolutely terrified on day one, and I remember him looking at me, and I remember feeling so small, smaller than I'd ever felt before in my life. And after a few weeks of getting to know him and realizing just how wonderful and warm he really was, I was standing there in my costume on Sense and Sensibility, and my knickers had gone up my bum. And, you know, when you're trying to flit your knickers out of your arse and you're wearing a corset, it's actually quite tricky. And so I was sort of yanking at my pants, and Emma Thompson was standing right there, and I said, 'fuck, my fucking knickers have gone up my arse!' And Al just said, 'ah... feminine mystique strikes again.'