A View to a Kill
1985 James Bond film directed by John Glen
A View to a Kill is a 1985 film in which an investigation of a horse-racing scam leads James Bond to a mad industrialist who plans to create a worldwide microchip monopoly by destroying California's Silicon Valley.
- For centuries alchemists tried to make gold from base metals. Today, we make microchips from sillicon, which is common sand, but far better than gold. Now, for several years, we had a profitable partnership, you as manufacturers, while I acquired and passed on to you industrial information that made you competitive, successful. We are now on the unique position to form an international cartel to control not only production, but distribution of these microchips. There is one obstacle - Silicon Valley in San Francisco.
- [after one member falls to his death] Well, does anyone else want to drop out?
- James Bond: Well my dear, I take it you spend quite a lot of time in the saddle.
- Jenny Flex: Yes, I love an early morning ride.
- Bond: Well, I'm an early riser myself.
- Max Zorin: [the morning after Bond sleeps with May Day] You slept well?
- James Bond: A little restless but I got off eventually.
- Emcee: Ladies and gentlemen, the beautful Dominique.
- A beautiful woman in a pink leotard sings a song while butterfly puppets surround her
- Aubergine: Perhaps we should add this "butterfly" to our collection, no?
- Aubergine chuckles
- James Bond: Tell me, why do Zorin's horses beat others with far superior bloodlines?
- Aubergine: This is a mystery.
- James Bond: Could he be using drugs?
- Aubergine: Nothing showed up in the tests. Later this month, Zorin will hold his annual sale at his stud near Paris. Security is formidable. But the key to this mystery is there. And I, Achille Aubergine, will intend to find it.
- James Bond: My department knows I'm here. When I don't report, they'll retaliate.
- Max Zorin: If you're the best they've got, they're more likely to try and cover up your embarrassing incompetence.
- Bond: Don't count on it, Zorin.
- Zorin: [laughs] Ha ha, you amuse me, Mr. Bond.
- Bond: It's not mutual.
- Chief Geologist Howe: What have they done?
- Max Zorin: You discharged her, so she and her accomplice came here to kill you. Then they set fire to the office, to conceal the crime but they were trapped in the elevator and perished in the flames.
- Howe: But that means I would have to be...
- Max Zorin: Dead! [shoots him] That's rather neat, Don't you think?
- James Bond: Brilliant. I'm almost speechless with admiration.
- Zorin: Intuitive improvisation is the secret of genius.
- Bond: Herr Doktor Mortner would be proud of his creation.
- SFPD Officer: You're under arrest.
- Stacey Sutton: Wait a minute, this is James Stock of the London Financial times.
- James Bond: Well, actually, captain, I'm with the British Secret Service. The name is Bond, James Bond.
- SFPD Officer: Is he?
- Sutton: Are you?
- Bond: Yes.
- SFPD Officer: And I'm Dick Tracy and you're still under arrest!
- May Day: [In Zorin's dirigible] What a view...
- Max Zorin: To a kill!...
- Scarpine: It's time to flood the fault.
- Bob Conley: But May Day and my men!
- Max Zorin: Yes. A convenient coincidence.
- Conley: Mr. Zorin, those men are LOYAL to you! [Scarpine knocks him out]
- [After surviving the flood in the mines.]
- May Day: And I thought that creep loved me!
- James Bond: You're not the only one he double-crossed.
- [Bond is in the shower with Stacey and Q is using Snooper to spy on them. Phone rings]
- Q: Hello?
- M: Grandfather is calling Q. What's the situation?
- Q: 007 alive.
- M: Where is he? What's he doing?
- Q: Just cleaning up a few details.
- Stacey Sutton: Oh, James!
- Adventure Above And Beyond All Other Bonds
- Has James Bond finally met his match?
- Roger Moore - James Bond
- Christopher Walken - Max Zorin
- Tanya Roberts - Stacey Sutton
- Grace Jones - May Day
- Patrick Macnee - Sir Godfrey Tibbett
- Patrick Bauchau - Scarpine
- David Yip - Chuck Lee
- Fiona Fullerton - Pola Ivanova
- Manning Redwood - Bob Conley
- Alison Doody - Jenny Flex
- Willoughby Gray - Dr. Carl Mortner / Hans Glaub
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Robert Brown - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Walter Gotell - General Anatol Gogol