Japanese manga artist
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I wanted to learn Go, so I paid a go school and started to attend classes once a week with a pro. He was mean, and never let the students win the teaching games. This was frustrating to me, because I was thinking "Why am I paying to lose all the time?" I wished that I had a guardian angel or a ghost that could help me beat him really bad. It was at that moment that Hikaru no Go was born.
- Interview at the International Go Symposium, 5 August 2012.
- This is the universe! And I'm placing stones one by one on that. Like I'm increasing the number of stars one by one... I'm making the universe. It's like I'm a God. I'm going to become a God! On this Go Board.
- In the anime, Hikaru says this when he plays in a Go tournament for the first time.
- To link the far past, with the far future.
- Hikaru's reason for playing Go (Volume 23, chapter 189)