Young Guns II
Young Guns II is a 1990 film, and is the sequel to Young Guns. It stars Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips, Christian Slater, and features William Petersen as Pat Garrett. It was directed by Geoff Murphy.
It follows the life of William H. Bonney aka Billy the Kid (played by Emilio Estevez) in the years following the Lincoln County War in which Billy was part of "The Regulators" — a group of around 6 highly skilled gunmen avenging the death of John Tunstall — and the years before Billy's documented death. The film, however, is told by Brushy Bill Roberts, a man who in the 1940s appeared claiming to be the real Billy the Kid.
While the film is not entirely historically accurate, it does show some of the key events leading up to Billy's documented death, including his talks with Governor Lew Wallace, his capture by friend-turned-foe Pat Garrett, his trial and his subsequent escape in which he killed two deputies.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Billy the KidEdit
- I'm real happy for you, Dave.
- You rode a 15 year old boy straight to his grave. And the rest of us, straight to hell.
- William H. Bonney, you are not a god.
- Billy!! Let's finish the game.
- Tell the governor that i'm Brushy Bill Roberts, alias William Antrim, also known as William H. Bonney, alias Billy the Kid.
- I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire, I ain't touchin' this one.
- Yoo-Hoo, I'll make ya famous!
- The West just got wilder.
- Emilio Estevez as William H. "Billy the Kid" Bonney/Brushy Bill Roberts (uncredited for the latter)
- Kiefer Sutherland as Josiah Gordon "Doc" Scurlock
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Jose Chavez y Chavez
- w:Christian Slater as "Arkansas" Dave Rudabaugh
- William Petersen as Pat Garrett
- Alan Ruck - Henry "Bullet George" William French
- James Coburn - John Chisum
- Balthazar Getty - Tom O'Folliard
- Jenny Wright - Jane Greathouse
- Jack Kehoe - Ashmun Upson
- Robert Knepper - Deputy Carlyle
- Viggo Mortensen - John W. Poe
- Tracey Walter - Beever Smith
- Bradley Whitford - Charles Phalen
- Scott Wilson - Governor Lew Wallace
- Howie Young - Poe Posse