Y: The Last Man
Y: The Last Man is a comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, about the only man to survive the mysterious simultaneous death of every male mammal on Earth. The series was published in sixty issues - released between September 2002 and January 2008 - by Vertigo Comics, who collected the series in ten paperback volumes.
#6 - Cycles: Chapter OneEdit
- Yorick Brown: I still don't understand why you can't just, you know, scrape a few cells from my cheek and do your Clone War experiments without me.
- Doctor Allison Mann: Yes, well, perhaps that's why you didn't receive the National Medal of Science.
- Yorick Brown: Maybe not, but I almost qualified for the president's physical fitness award in sixth grade. Almost...
- Yorick Brown: So is your last name Chinese or Japanese?
- Doctor Allison Mann: Neither. I changed it my first year at Berkeley.
- Yorick Brown: Why Mann?
- Doctor Allison Mann: After Mann's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles. I wanted something kitsch-y and faux-Asian to insult my father.
#7 - Cycles: Chapter TwoEdit
- Yorick Brown: So, uh...How much do I owe you for the clean underpants?
- Sonia: On the house.
- Yorick Brown: Good, because the only thing I've got to trade is Ampersand...and he'd be about as useful to you as end-stage syphilis.
- Yorick Brown: Sonia, this was fun-- in a perverted Back to the Future kinda way-- but I have a job to do.
Ring of TruthEdit
#26 - Hero's JourneyEdit
- Hero Brown: Queen Victoria?
- Victoria: Not quite, love... though queens are a particular passion of mine. I'm not speaking of European sovereigns, mind you, but that most glorious force of the chessboard. Did you know her square was originally occupied by a male "vizier," able to advance only one meager diagonal step per move? But during the reign of the great female monarchs, this piece metamorphosed into a "queen," and her power grew commensurate with her title. Only then did the game become something more -- a mental odyssey that helped reshape the world.
#27 - Ring of TruthEdit
- Mr. Thomas: I just received some fascinating items from the Middle East. This, for example, is the only skeleton key in the world that can open unpickable handcuffs created by Israel's secret service, the infamous---
- Yorick Brown: Sounds cool, Mr. Thomas... but I'm actually looking for a ring.
#30 - Ring of Truth: Chapter FourEdit
- Toyota: <That is one nutty hospital.>
Girl on GirlEdit
#36 - Boy Loses GirlEdit
- Yorick Brown: Jesus, what's with women always buying into that "language of love" bullshit? Compared to English, French is totally chauvinistic. Their third-person masculine plural is "ils" and the feminine plural is, what... "elles," right? But if you've got a group of men and women together, they're always referred to as ils. Even if there's only one boy in a crowd of, like, a billion women.
- Yorick Brown: My dad said getting dumped was the closest thing he ever had to a bar mitzvah. He didn't think he was even part of the human race until a girl broke his heart.