Wikiquote:Quote of the day
<– Last Month · This Month –>
Current version of this section on the Main Page:
The process of choosing which quotations are displayed on specific days is currently handled by Kalki, the director of this set of pages. If you have any suggestions, requests, questions, or complaints, then please post them on the discussion page. Since June 2005, "Quote of the day" proposals have been made at pages for each month which have sections for each date, and final selections usually reflect the result of rankings made there.
Any registered user is invited to make proposals, or to rank each candidate on these pages:
You might also check Quote of the Day (complete list) to see if your suggestion has already been featured in the past.
Running example: Valentine's Day 2020
- Update the suggestions/archive page.
- From QOTD by month, navigate to the suggestions/archive page for the month of interest, for example Wikiquote:Quote_of_the_day/February.
- Navigate to the section for the date of interest. At the bottom of the section on the date of interest, click on "Rank or add further suggestions…" to open the suggestions/archive page for the date of interest, for example February_14.
- Choose from among the previous suggestions or select any quotation of your preference.
- Edit the suggestions/archive page for the date of interest. At the bottom of the "Quotes of the day from previous years" section, add an entry for the year of interest prefixed with a wiki markup semicolon, for example ";2020". If you choose from among the previous suggestions, move the quote up from the "Suggestions" section, preserving credit to the nominator of the suggestion. If you select a quote not among the previous suggestions, credit yourself. Preview and save the page.