Antonio Lucio Vivaldi (4 March 1678 – 27 or 28 July 1741), nicknamed "Il Prete Rosso" (The Red Priest), was a Venetian priest and Baroque music composer as well as a famous violinist. He wrote in excess of 500 concertos plus many operas, overtures, sonatas and sacred vocal works.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Se questa non piace, non voglio più scrivere di musica.
- Translation: If you don't like this, I'll stop writing music.
- Quoted in: Michael Talbot (1978) Vivaldi, p. 90
- An ironic note written upon an aria score of his opera Orlando Furioso (1727).
Quotes about VivaldiEdit
- Robert Craft: “Are you interested in the current revival of eighteenth-century Italian masters?”
Igor Stravinsky: “Not very. Vivaldi is greatly overrated—a dull fellow who could compose the same form so many times over.”
- In Conversations with Igor Stravinsky