Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist
theory in Shia Islam which holds that Islam gives a faqīh (Islamic jurist) custodianship over people
Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist (Persian: ولایت فقیه, Vilayat-e Faqih; Arabic: ولاية الفقيه, Wilayat al-Faqih) is a type of theocracy in Shia Islam wherein senior Islamic jurists exercise temporal authority.
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Rule of the Jurisprudent" – will not gain widespread popularity, because it does not have such popularity in its country of origin....Even in Iran. I've lived in Iran.
- O’ ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority from among you.
- Because you are over them and your responsible Commander (Imam) is over you, while Allah is over him who has appointed you.
- Nahj al-Balaghah, Letter 53, paragraph 4
- Ayatollah Jawadi Amuli. A profile of the foundation/bases of the Trusteeship (Wilayat al-faqih). Retrieved on 2007-08-12.
- The Rule of the Clergy