User talk:Mehmet Karatay/Why an alternative formatting is needed< User talk:Mehmet Karatay
Thank you for taking the time to read this essay. Comment on any thoughts or suggestions below.
Please comment on the idea rather than the implementation, as the implementation can always be changed if the community approves of the idea. If you do have comments about the implementation leave them at the template's talk page not here. Thank you. Mehmet Karatay 21:02, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for your idea, but I don't like it. In my feeling it reduces both easiness of editing and readability, and make pages ugly. I rather prefer the current formatting. --Aphaia 10:37, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your feedback. I am about to mention this essay on the village pump so it would be good to see what others have to say as well. Personally I really do find it difficult to tell quotations apart for each other with the current formatting.
- When I am faced with a new layout of a web page it usually takes me a while before I feel comfortable looking at it an can judge without simply disliking the change. Could part of what you don't like be this type of thing? It's simply a thought... feel free to say no. :-) Mehmet Karatay 11:33, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- Background color except white (= current setting) is a bad idea in general.
- I oppose the box for text. It reduces readability greatly. Boxes and lines make the page ugly and crowded. I simply oppose to put them in a box.
- Also I disagree your arguments. You don't show enough why you think the current format problematic. And your alternative has no benefits except it helps to separate a quote from other quotes, but sacrificing readability greatly.
- Aphaia 11:51, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
I do not support the new format if no bot is made to make massive and quick conversion, even though the new format may be better.--Jusjih 15:32, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- Do not support the idea of multiple formats for page layouts. As a newcomer on Wikiquote, I'm trying to learn the system and I think having several alternatives is much more confusing. And I strongly prefer staying with the one being used now unless a stronger reason for change is made. FloNight 19:24, 22 July 2007 (UTC)