University of the Free State
The University of the Free State is a multi campus public university in Bloemfontein, the capital of the Free State and the judicial capital of South Africa. It was first established as an institution of higher learning in 1904 as a tertiary portion of Grey College.
|This article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have a very serious problem with our examination standards at both primary and high school. We also have a collapse of moral standards in society in general
- Professor Jonathan Jansen, Article by EWN (Title: SA Education is in crises - Jansen)  (2012)
- The special task team found that there can be no historical interpretation of the statue and the space around it without relocation. This finding is supported by the university’s executive management. Members of the special task team will form part of the reconfiguration process
- Prof Francis Petersen, Article by Hypertext (Title: University of Free State removes statue of Marthinus Theunis Steyn)  Published on the 27th of November 2018
- There is also much frustration about the supposed severe levels of white supremacy at this university. Yet, we are having this discussion on the campus of a university with a black vice-rector and a black rector and a black chancellor, in a municipal ward that has a black councillor, in a city with a black mayor in a province with a black premier, in a country with a black deputy-president and a black president. Despite this, we are somehow discussing how white people control everything.
- Speech by Ernst Roets, Deputy CEO of AfriForum on 26 August 2016 at the Racism Dialogue, facilitated by the South African Human Rights Commission, in the Equitas Auditorium, University of the Free State. Published on the 31st of August 2016 by AfriForum  (Title: Racism is not our biggest problem)
- Let us leave nothing unmoved that will help us to become a independent people, and nothing more will be done than to ensure that our children receive a good education.
- The Government (Volksraad) of the Orange Free State, which is much smaller than that of the other states, are determined to uplift the standard of education in the Orange Free State to the same level of other wealthier states.
- We should steadily and surely strive to this goal, because if we educate the children of South Africa our influence shall reach far and wide, this influence shall bring about a unification and that is undoubtedly the calling of the Orange Free State.
- Marthinus Theunis Steyn During an election speech in December 1895, Marthinus Theunis Steyn - regsman, staatsman en volksman, M.C.E. van Schoor, Protea Boekhuis Pretoria, p. 85