American drummer (born 1962)
Tommy Lee (born Thomas Lee Bass on October 3, 1962) is a Greek-born American Heavy Metal musician. He is best known as the drummer for hard rock/heavy metal band Mötley Crüe and ex-husband of actresses Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear.
- I also did some jail time a few years ago. Spent a whole summer in jail reading books. I pumped a ton of new knowledge and new thinking into myself.
- I don't want a fat mexican woman beating the crap out of my son.
- (When asked about getting a baby-sitter for his kids).
- The Radiohead record, The Bends is my all-time favorite record on the planet
- Once the song is done and recorded, I like to go back and then cut the drums, because then I know exactly what the song needs, and what it doesn't need.
- I was just reading some poetry, and it talked about how things start as one thing and change into another, and I just thought, what a great concept for a song.
- I wrote it about a friend of mine who married his high school sweet heart. They had a baby together and one day, when the baby was about four months old, my friends wife was driving down the road by herself, pulled over to the side and she just died in her car.
- (About a track on his solo album).
- I'm happy doing what I'm doing, and if you have that kind of attitude then everything else from there on is a bonus.
- Imagine how frustrating it is, being completely locked up and watching your family leave, your wife and children, and not being able to do anything about it.
- You can rock shit as loud as you want, as hard as you want, but there's a soft side to every artist. You gotta have something more to say other than ("throws up devil horns") "YEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!" There's gotta be more, otherwise you'd be fake.
- VH1 documentary "Heavy: The Story of Metal".