Theatre of Blood
1973 film by Douglas Hickox
He gave his critics a bloody and violent taste of their own medicine! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Peregrine Devlin: Lionheart! What the hell do you want here?
- Edward Lionheart: [picking up the best actor award] This. My just reward. The whole world knows it is mine by right. But you deliberately withheld it from me. You deliberately humiliated me before the press, my public and my peers. It was the culmination of your determined denial of my genius!
- Peregrine Devlin: We've denied you nothing....
- Edward Lionheart: For thirty years, the public has acknowledged that I was the master. And that this year, my season of Shakespeare was the shining jewel in the crown of the immortal Bard.
- Meredith Merridew: [sotto voce, to Chloe Moon] Quite insane!
- Chloe Moon: [sotto voce, to Trevor Dickman] He must be drunk.
- Edward Lionheart: But you, with your overweening malice, give the award to a twitching, mumbling boy who can barely grunt his way through an incomprehensible performance! No. No. It is mine!
- Peregrine Devlin: Hello, Edwina. I thought it was you.
- Edwina Lionheart: Well, the brilliant Peregrine Devlin. Wielder of the brutal aphorism, master of the killing phrase, my father's murderer.
- Peregrine Devlin: That's a bit melodramatic, isn't it?
- Edwina Lionheart: Oh, forgive me, I forgot. It was your reverence and admiration that drove him to take his own life.
- At your own risk
- It's curtains for his critics!
- Vincent Price has reserved a seat for you in the "theatre of blood."
- He gave his critics a bloody and violent taste of their own medicine!
- Vincent Price — Edward Lionheart
- Diana Rigg — Edwina Lionheart
- Ian Hendry — Peregrine Devlin
- Harry Andrews — Trevor Dickman
- Robert Coote — Oliver Larding
- Michael Hordern — George Maxwell
- Robert Morley — Meredith Merridew
- Coral Browne — Chloe Moon
- Jack Hawkins — Solomon Psaltery
- Arthur Lowe — Horace Sprout
- Dennis Price — Hector Snipe
- Milo O'Shea — Inspector Boot
- Eric Sykes — Sgt. Dogge
- Diana Dors — Maisie Psaltery
- Joan Hickson — Mrs. Sprout
- Renée Asherson — Mrs. Maxwell
- Madeline Smith — Rosemary