1997 film by Mimi Leder
- Julia: You will not take action without authorization.
- Thomas: What do you think I am? Some gung-ho, stupid son of a bitch?
- Julia: No, I don't think you're stupid.
- Ken: Colonel, the guy you bagged is Dr. Amir Teraki, Pakistani. PhD in Astrophysics, educated at Harvard.
- Thomas: That's right, people. We educated half the world's terrorists.
- Julia: Where the hell is my military liason?
- Thomas: Colonel Thomas Devoe reporting as ordered, ma'am. I'm sorry about in there. Sometimes, my enthusiasm gets the better of me.
- Julia: No problem. Would you like some coffee?
- Thomas: I'd love some.
- Julia: It's over there.
- Julia: So, do you think he set us up?
- Thomas: Who?
- Julia: Your friend.
- Thomas: No.
- Julia: How can you be so sure?
- Thomas: Because he's my friend.
- Thomas: Doctor, you can run your charts and your theories all you want. In the field, this is how it works: the good guys, that's us. We chase the bad guys. And they don't wear black hats. They are, however, all alike: they demanded power and respect, and they're willing to pay top dollar to get it. And that is our highly motivated buyer.
- Julia: What about other motivations?
- Thomas: Not important to me.
- Julia: Whether it's important to you or not. There are people out there who don't care about money, who don't give a damn about respect. People who believe the killing of innocent men and women is justified. For them, it is about rage, frustration, hatred... they feel pain and they're determined to share it with the world.
- Thomas: Okay, that does me no good. Now, let's deal with the facts at hand. 23 hours ago, General Alexander Kodoroff stole 10 nuclear warheads.
- Julia: He's just a delivery boy. I'm not afraid of the man who wants 10 nuclear weapons, Colonel. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one.
- Kodoroff: Tom, you still selling stolen cars on the black market?"
- Thomas: Hey, Alec, you watched CNN during Desert Storm. You remember the pictures of the nose cone GBU missiles slamming into those trucks? You remember that picture? How it kept getting closer and bigger on the screen? You just about see the faces of those drivers, and then zap. The picture went dead. We didn't get to see what happened next. Well guess what, Alec? You will, you son of a bitch."