The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is a 2008 fantasy adventure film set in 1946, 13 years after the events of The Mummy Returns which sees the O'Connell's battling The First Emperor of China (loosely based on Qin Shi Huang of the Qin Dynasty)
- Directed by Rob Cohen. Screenplay by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. It was produced by Stephen Sommers director of the previous two installments
- Long ago, an epic battle of good and evil, played out in ancient China. The country was torn by civil war, with many kingdoms struggling for land and power. But one king, and one ruler, had a ruthless ambition to become Emperor of us all. The other leaders had assassins to kill the king, before he could conquer us all. Kingdom after kingdom, his armies destroyed everything in their path, and any who resisted, met a terrible fate. All was now his. He was master of all under Heaven. He enslaved his conquered enemies and forced them to build a great Wall, and any deemed dead, or useless, were buried beneath it. The Emperor's mystics taught him mastery over the five elements: Water, Wood, Earth, Metal and Fire. But like the lowliest peasant, he could not rest. He had to stop his last enemy: Death itself. One day, rumour came of a powerful witch, who was rumoured to hold the secret to eternal life. The Emperor sent his oldest friend and trusted ally, General Ming, to find her. The witch was named Zi Yuan, and she was nothing like the general had expected. On the Western borders stood the monastery of Ti Fuang, where was housed the greatest library in the ancient world. It was the long-lost Oracle Bones, a collection of mystical secrets concerning the ancient world. The Emperor's answer was here... along with other magic, beyond understanding. The curse must never be lifted, or the Emperor will arise, to enslave all of mankind, and on that dark day, there will be nothing, and no-one, to save us.
- (to the Emperor, in Chinese) I cursed you and your army.
Richard 'Rick' O'ConnellEdit
- Now you can rule...in Hell!
- (about the dead soldiers from the Wall) So these are the good undead guys, right?
- (pulling a guy from his truck) Sorry pal, there's a mummy on the loose.
- (aiming his pistols at the resurrecting mummy) Here we go again.
- (to the Emperor) Enough tricks! Where's your honor? Fight like a man.
- (to Evy about the battle they are in) When I say we've been in worse scrapes than this, I mean this.
- The Yak yakked
- I hate mummies. They never play fair!
- (to Rick & Evie) You guys are like mummy magnets!
- Here's to you, princess! And Imhotep. May the bugger actually stay dead!
- Good going dad. You've raised another mummy.
- (about his fishing) At least you've got a hobby that doesn't involve guns.
Mad Dog MaguireEdit
- I'd tell you to fasten your seatbelts, but I was too cheap to buy any.
- (seeing the flying dragon) Rick, should I quit drinking?
- Emperor Han (to Zi Yuan, in Chinese): Come on, I want show you something
(General Ming Guo is chained in the hands and ankles)
- Zi Yuan: Guo!
- Emperor Han (in Chinese): Become my queen and I shall let him live
- Ming Guo (to Zi Yuan, in Chinese): Do what he says, save youself!
- Zi Yuan (to the Emperor, in Chinese): You will never keep your word
- Emperor Han (in Chinese): You are right (He raises his arm and his soldiers kill Ming Guo)
- Rick: I've put down more mummies in my time.
- Alex: You put down one mummy, dad.
- Rick: Yeah. Same mummy, twice!
- Woman Patron: (after the brief reading) Mrs. O'Connell, is it true that the Scarlet O' Kiefe character is based on you?
- Evelyn: No. I can honestly say she is a completely different person.
- Alex: When I saw you lying there, Dad... I've never been so scared in my life.
- Rick: That makes two of us.
- Alex: You're not supposed to die. I mean you're Richard O'Connell, right? You get beat up, you get tossed around, but you're always standing there in the end. I never really thought of the world with out you.
- (during the battle)
- Jonathan: Die, you mummy bastards! DIE!
- Mad Dog Maguire: There is no call for bad language! Remember our deal; when this is over, me and my men drink for free!
- Jonathan: You can have the whole damn bar for all I care! I'm getting the hell out of China!
- Lin: I'll go after the Emperor.
- Alex: Trust me, I've got a little more experience with mummies.
- Lin: And I have the only weapon that can kill him! (pulling out the dagger)
- Alex: Okay, I'll cover you. Let's go!
- (while fighting the emperor's army)
- Rick: I! REALLY! HATE! MUMMIES!
- Evelyn: I think the feeling is mutual.
- Brendan Fraser - Richard 'Rick' O'Connell
- John Hannah - Jonathan Carnahan
- Luke Ford - Alexander 'Alex' O'Connell
- Maria Bello - Evelyn "Evy" Carnahan O'Connell
- Jet Li - Emperor Han
- Michelle Yeoh - Zi Yuan
- Isabella Leong - Lin
- Russell Wong - General Ming Guo
- Liam Cunningham - Mad Dog Maguire
- Anthony Wong Chau-Sang - General Yang
- David Calder - Professor Roger Wilson
- Jessey Meng - Choi
- Tian Liang - Li Zhou
- Albert Kwan - Chu Wah
- James Bradford - Butler Jameson
- Daniel Richard Giverin - Benjamin Fry