The Last House on the Left (1972 film)
1972 American exploitation horror film by Wes Craven
The Last House on the Left is a 1972 American exploitation horror film about two teenage girls who are taken into the woods and tortured by a gang of murderous rapists. The story is inspired by the 1960 Swedish film The Virgin Spring, directed by Ingmar Bergman, which in turn is based on a Swedish ballad - "Töres döttrar i Wänge".
- Directed and written by Wes Craven.
To avoid fainting, keep repeating: "It's only a movie, only a movie, only a movie..."taglines
- [trying to get his girlfriend to have sex with him] Why don't you lay back and enjoy being inferior?
- We don't wanna off someone first night out. I mean, it'd be a shame to get this floor all messed up with blood.
- You must think we're stupid, right? No, we're not stupid. We might be horny old pigs, but we ain't stupid.
- Goddamn high-class, tight-ass freakos. All that goddamn silverware. Who do they think they are, anyway? People in China eat with sticks, and these freaks got 16 utensils for every pea on the plate.
- Mari, she was a lot tougher than you, doc. She took a while to kill. She was really tough. We had a hard time with her, but you're just a pussy!
- Listen to daddy. I want you to take the gun, and I want you to put it in your mouth, and I want you to turn around and blow your brains out. Blow your brains out. BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT!
Fred "Weasel" PodowskiEdit
- How'd we get into the sex-crime business anyway? My brother Saul, a plumber, makes twice as much money as I do and gets three weeks vacation, too.
- I wonder what the meanest, foulest, rottenest, woodsiest sex crime ever was? Hey, Krug, what do you think the sex crime of the century was?
- [to Estelle] I could make love to a looker like you with my hands tied behind my back.
- Estelle Collingwood: If God had meant women to go around with their busts exposed, Mari Collingwood, he wouldn't have given us clothes!
- Estelle Collingwood: Mari tells me you're from Manhattan. What does your father do?
- Phyllis Stone: Oh, my parents are in the iron and steal business.
- Estelle Collingwood: Iron and steel both together? How unusual.
- Phyllis Stone: Well, my mother irons and my father steals.
- Dr. John Collingwood: You call the repair service?
- Estelle Collingwood: Mmhmmm.
- Dr. John Collingwood: Well did you tell them I was a physician and had to have a phone?
- Estelle Collingwood: No, actually I told them you were an international bookie, and I was ten-months pregnant with quintuplets!
- Krug Stillo: Are you sure we're not going to put you folks to any trouble?
- Dr. John Collingwood: Oh, nonsense! Our home is yours.
- To avoid fainting, keep repeating: "It's only a movie, only a movie, only a movie..."
- Mari, 17, is dying. Even for her the worst is yet to come.
- It rests on 13 acres of earth over the very center of hell...!
- WARNING: Not Recommended for Persons Over 30!
- David A. Hess - Krug Stillo
- Sandra Peabody - Mari Collingwood
- Lucy Grantham - Phyllis Stone
- Fred Lincoln - Fred "Weasel" Podowski
- Jeramie Rain - Sadie
- Marc Sheffler - Junior Stillo
- Cynthia Carr - Estelle Collingwood
- Gaylord St. James - Dr. John Collingwood
- Marshall Anker - Sheriff
- Martin Kove - Deputy
- Ada Washington - Ada
- Steve Miner (uncredited) - Hippie taunting Deputy