The Last House on the Left (2009 film)
The Last House on the Left is a 2009 horror film. After a group of strangers assaulted their daughter and a friend, Her parents will take their revenge on what they did to her. It is a remake of the 1972 film of the same name.
- Directed by Dennis Iliadis. Written by Alexandre Aja & Carl Ellsworth.
- [after he punches Justin, and throws the newspaper at him.] We made the first page, that's what's going on! We figured they'd have my face on there sooner or later. Now they got Sadie's to boot. Can you believe it, Paige? Mari?
- [about Mari and Paige] These are two lovely girls, Justin.
- [after he was insulted by Paige] What'd you say Paige? Where did that come from all of a sudden?
- [after being attacked by John and Emma] Who are you crazy fucks?!
- [to Krug] Did I do good?, Tell me I did good!
- [checking on Morton] I think he's dying now. What do you think he's seeing?
- [to Krug, after Mari's car crashed] Do I look O-fucking-kay?!
- [when she looks in the mirror, being scarred] No, no, no, no, no. It's gonna scar, It's gonna scar forever.
- [when she attacks Mari] Bitch! Fuck you! Fuck you that you burnt my fucking face! Fuck you!
- [to Paige, when chasing her] Come back here, you stupid cunt!
- [while destroying Mari's cellphone] I hate cell phones! Everyhwere you turn nothing but texting and yakking and texting.
- [while John stitches his nose] Aw, that fucking hurts!
- [about Emma] I think she likes me.
- [after he beats Emma] You fucking bitch! Who the fuck are you?!
- Morton: [telling joke to Giles] So the next week, he's even hornier. And this time, he's got twenty bucks instead of ten. He goes back to the whorehouse, he slaps down the twenty, and tells the madam he needs to get off, but he ain't going to screw no goddamn chicken this time. She says it still ain't much, but she can help. She tells him to go to the room at the top of the stairs. This time there's just a bunch of guys jerking off, but one of the jerk off guys assures him "oh hey, it's cool, it's cool" and he waves him over to this whole toilet they're all looking through---
- [Giles laughs.]
- Krug: Oh, can we stop please? I really gotta take a piss.
- Morton: Fuck you.
- Morton: Praying now?
- Krug: Oh Lord! Won't you grant me an empty mayonnaise jar to piss in.
- Morton: You know Krug, considering the rather notorious nature of the prison you're headed to, I think I'd pray for something a little more substantial.
- [A truck hits their car.]
- Sadie: [to Krug.] Did I do good? Tell me I did good!
- [Krug, Sadie & Francis checks on Morton.]
- Sadie: I think he's dying now. What do you think he's seeing?
- [Krug grabs a photograph of Morton's daughters and shows it to him]
- Krug: Something he'll never see again.
- John Collingwood: [waking up to rap music] Yo yo, wassup wassup!
- Justin: Can I get a pack of cigarettes?
- Paige: Can I get some ID?
- Justin: Can you just give me a pass?
- Paige: Justin, I would if I ruled the world, but...
- Justin: What if you help me, I help you?
- Paige: And how are you going to help me?
- Justin: Look, you know, I've got some premium grade-A shit back at the motel.
- Paige: Really?
- Justin: Yeah. You can see for yourself.
- [Mari enters the motel and sees Paige and Justin smoking.]
- Mari Collingwood: What the hell you guys?
- Paige: Mari, Justin was not kidding. This is really good shit.
- Mari Collingwood: Clearly. So, how long were you going to let me sit out there?
- Paige: So Justin, my newfound friend, are you from a really big city?
- Justin: Uh, no, I'm from all over.
- Paige: All over?
- Justin: My dad and uncle hustle around a lot, so...
- Paige: What do they do?
- Justin: All sorts of things. You know, I'm kind of out of the loop.
- Mari Collingwood: Um, where's your mom?
- Justin: She's dead.
- Mari Collingwood: I'm sorry.
- Justin: It's alright.
- Mari Collingwood: When did she... die?
- Justin: It was a while ago.
- Paige: Probably enough death talk. Do you want to move on to a happier subject?
- Mari Collingwood: Sure.
- Justin: [to Mari] Someone die?
- Mari Collingwood: My brother, about a year ago.
- Justin: What was his name?
- Mari Collingwood: Ben.
- Justin: Sorry.
- Paige: You know what Mari? I think Justin here could be kind of cute if he lost his whole like creepy, hooded Unabomber kind of vibe he's got going on. Don't you think?
- Paige: What do you feel like doing tonight?
- Justin: Dad, look, I was just trying to liquidate some of the---
- Krug: Liquidate. Wow. Is that my word or yours?
- Justin: Mine... but... am I wrong?
- Krug: No, Justin, you're not wrong.
- Justin: Dad, what is---
- [Krug punches Justin in the stomach.]
- Krug: [throws a newspaper at him] We made the first page, that's what's going on! We figured they'd have my face on there sooner or later. Now they got Sadie's to boot. Can you believe it, Paige? Mari?
- Paige: Okay, so can we please just go now?
- Francis: [holding a knife to her] Aw, Paige.
- Paige: Please!
- Sadie: Do you not like us, Paige?
- Krug: I'm sorry ladies. We just can't risk it.
- Paige: What? No! No, but... [turns to Mari.] Wh-why can't you just...: "Please, just let us go!?"
- Mari Collingwood: Paige just stay calm---
- [Paige breaks free from Francis, and locks herself in the bathroom.]
- Mari Collingwood: Paige!
- Francis: Damn it!
- Francis: I hate cell phones! Everyhwere you turn nothing but texting and yakking and texting.
- Justin: [to Mari] Sorry, they weren't supposed to be back.
- Krug: What? That's your excuse?
- Justin: Sorry.
- Krug: [sitting next to Justin] Justin, you gotta start putting other people's needs ahead of your own. You knew not to bring anybody back here, but you did it anyway, didn't you?
- Justin: Yeah, because...
- Krug: [imitating Justin] You guys weren't supposed to be here! Blah blah blah blah. But you did it. It can't be undone. Now you got to take responsibility for that action. It's as simple as that. You know how we do that?
- Sadie: Thanks for being so cooperative, Mari.
- Mari Collingwood: What good would it do me not to be?
- Sadie: I always took your kind to be whiny little fucking bitches born with silver spoons up their asses...!, but you, I think maybe there's hope for you, Mari.
- [Sadie turns to Krug.]
- Sadie: I don't know, Krug. I think Mari here has some potential you should consider. Krug, what do you think?
- Krug: I think she's been a cool customer, ever since the motel.
- Krug: You ready to be a man?
- Justin: What?
- Krug: [referring to the girls] Pick one. Or both.
- Paige: You're pathetic!
- Krug: What'd you say Paige? Where did that come from all of a sudden?
- Krug: [to Justin, after raping Mari] You missed out.
- Francis: [while John stitches his nose] Aw, that fucking hurts!
- Krug: Oh man up, Frank.
- Krug: So, do you guys live here permanently?
- Emma Collingwood: Oh, no. We actually live in the city.
- Sadie: How many houses do you have?
- Emma Collingwood: [uncomfortable] So what are you guys doing out here anyways? This is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Are you on a family vacation? Or---
- Krug: Well it's kind of embarrassing, actually. My dad used to take Francis and me to this lake every summer; do some fishing, go camping. Now that he's gone, those memories are all I really have left of him. Basically I'm just trying to do the same thing for Justin here.
- Emma Collingwood: I think that's important. It's nice making memories.
- Krug: [laughing] Don't know if I want to remember today.
- Emma Collingwood: You might. You never know. You're all safe. You're together. That's what counts.
- Krug: Amen, Emma. Amen.
- Krug: [to Justin] You keep your mouth shut, you hear me? Don't you fuck up again.
- Emma Collingwood: Justin, sweetie, would you like some hot chocolate?
- Krug: Well if he doesn't, it'd be a first. What do you say, Justin?
- Emma Collingwood: Yeah?
- Justin: [reluctantly] Yes, please.
- John Collingwood: You know, you should probably just sleep here tonight.
- Krug: Oh, well, no. We couldn't do that.
- John Collingwood: I don't think you have much choice.
- Krug: We just don't want to impose, is all.
- Emma Collingwood: Well it's really not a problem. We have a guest house, so---
- Krug: [putting his arm around Justin] Well whatever you think. Whatever's easiest.
- Francis: Yeah, we're very easy.
- Emma Collingwood: [to John, about their guests] They're just so... weird.
- Emma Collingwood: John.
- John Collingwood: What?
- Emma Collingwood: [holding Mari's necklace] This was in the kitchen.
- John Collingwood: Okay. What?
- Emma Collingwood: The kid... the kid put it there. John, Mari was wearing this when she left. She was wearing this when she left today.
- Krug: [to John] What are the odds, man? Of course your little girl had a lot to do with it. You should be proud. How'd you make us, anyway? Did my fucking kid rat us out? That's it, isn't it? My fucking kid! Figured out who you were and blabbered his brains. Hey, by the way, y'all did a bang up job on my brother. He is really fucking dead down there!
- Krug: I'd expect a lot more fight outta you, John.
- Krug: Do you want to hear what I did to Mari? I bet you do. Pervert. You want to hear how tight your little homecoming queen was?
- John Collingwood: No. I want to hear you beg for your fucking life.
- Krug: [upon seeing Justin aiming a gun at him] What are you doing?
- Justin: Ending this.
- Krug: Well you sure picked a hell of a time to grow some balls. Glad to see you too. Now, look. I'm not mad, alright? Just don't do anything stupid.---
- [Justin pulls the trigger, but the gun is out of bullets. Krug, enraged, knocks the gun away and lunges at him.]
- Krug: My son. I loved you. I took care of you!
- [Krug slowly stabs Justin in stomach with fire poker]
- Justin: [hurt] Loved?
- Krug: [covering Justin's mouth] You don't get to talk now!
- Justin: Fuck you!
- [Emma appears with a fire extinguisher, and sprays it at Krug. John regains consciousness and hits Krug with a fire poker. Krug slowly gets up, but Emma knocks him unconscious with a fire extinguisher.]
- John Collingwood: Hi.
- Krug: What is this? I can't move.
- John Collingwood: You're paralyzed from the neck down.
- [John shows him his knife.]
- John Collingwood: I didn't have any rope, or duct tape.
- [John grabs the broken microwave.]
- Krug: Hey, what are you doing? Doc?
- [John puts Krug's head in microwave]
- Krug: What the fuck are you doing?
- John Collingwood: [calmly] You're going to be fine.
- [John turns on microwave.]
- Krug: [weakly] Wait... hey... wait.
- [John walks away, as Krug groans in pain. Krug screams, as his head explodes.]
About The Last House on the Left (2009 film)Edit
- You know, I didn’t want the casting to be obvious. I didn’t want to go sexy in a very superficial way and make the hard scenes titillating or enjoyable in any way, and I think what made me choose Sara was sitting in the room with her for an hour. Her audition was good, but I felt this intelligence and this intensity which was great combined with this very innocent face she has. Ideally, I wanted a face that looked innocent, I wanted a face that looked wholesomely American, because Sara for me, as a European, she has this very American physique, and at the same time I wanted someone who you couldn’t in any way enjoy seeing going through those scenes. Sara has that. It’s just heartbreaking to see her in these situations and she does an amazing job too. She’s an extremely brave and intelligent actress, and she’s been amazing.
- We tried to make this a bit more psychological and more of a real time movie where you’re thrown into this situation and there’s nowhere to go. But we’ve had a lot of problems and the basic thing they kept telling us is it’s too real.
- Dennis Iliadis 
- If bad people hurt someone you love, how far would you go to hurt them back?