The Italian Job (1969 film)
1969 British caper film directed by Peter Collinson
Introducing the plans for a new business venture: "The Italian Job."(taglines)
- You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
- You wouldn't hit a man with no trousers on, would you?
- Just remember this - in this country they drive on the wrong side of the road.
- It's a very difficult job and the only way to get through it is we all work together as a team. And that means you do everything I say.
- Hang on a minute, lads; I've got a great idea.
- We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty. Now I want you to remember that during these next few days. I also want you to remember that if you don't come back with the goods, Nellie here will turn in her grave, and, likely as not, jump right out of it and kick your teeth in.
- Well I hope he likes spaghetti. They serve it four times a day in the Italian prisons.
- Beckerman's done his homework very well. The getaway is possible but not easy. For a start, the attack has to be made in this square, and it must be completed inside of three minutes.
- If the police can get a car onto that bridge before we've got across it, we're done for. But since the bridge will be blocked by traffic, the only possible way out is across the weir, which runs along this side of the bridge. I've got only one comment to make about that, Mr Bridger: good luck!
- 'Camp' Freddie: But Mr. Bridger, what if the Professor's not bent?
- Mr. Bridger: Camp Freddie, everybody in the World is bent!
- 'Camp' Freddie: Without the two Jags and the Aston, what happens if something does go wrong?
- Charlie: (indifferently) Put your gloves on. Anyone else?
- Introducing the plans for a new business venture: "The Italian Job."