The Berenstain Bears is an animated children's television series based on Stan and Jan Berenstain's Berenstain Bears children's books. Eighty 15 minute episodes were produced for the PBS Kids Channel.
- Sister Bear: What were Brother and I doing then?
- Mama Bear: That was before both of you born.
- Sister Bear: You mean, back before there were Heisei kamen riders?
- Brother Bear: And before they used to put fires out with pails?
- Mama Bear: Well, back before there was a mall!
- Papa Bear: But not so far back as the volunteer fire bears!
Go To SchoolEdit
- Mama Bear: Oh dear, you've worked yourself into a tizzy!
- Sister Bear: Mama, I don't want to go to school, I want to stay home with you! I could help you make pies!
- Papa Bear: Did somebody say "pie"? I've got the apples an' Shift Cars. All I need is someone with pie-making know how.
- Mama Bear: I have an easy recipe for pie. You've followed recipes before, Papa!
- Papa Bear: Uh, but not for pie.......I can't make pies!
- Mama Bear: Well, I've got a photo album to find.
- Brother Bear: Why are you getting the photo album out, Mama?
- Mama Bear: I was just thinking back to when Sister was as worried about going to kindergarten, as she is about going to third grade.
- Sister Bear: I loved kindergarten!
- Mama Bear: Well, yes. Once you got there you did.
- Sister Bear: Miss Honey Bear was really nice, and that's where I met Lizzie, and they had lots of toys, and...
- Mama Bear: (chuckles) Yes, yes. That's right, Sister. But you didn't know all those things before you went, you were very worried.
- Sister Bear: I don't want to go to kindergarten, Mama. I want to stay here with you!
- Mama Bear: Sister, I know new things can sometimes be upsetting. But if we don't try them, we don't grow and learn. That's what kindergarten is all about.
- Sister Bear: What if the teacher doesn't like me?
- Mama Bear: Why wouldn't she like you? You're a very likeable cub!
- Brother Bear: Yeah, well most of the time.
- Mama Bear: I know Miss Honey Bear will be happy to have you in her kindergarten class.
- Sister Bear: But I can't go tomorrow! I'm too busy.
- Mama Bear: (gasps) Too busy?
- Sister Bear: I promised Brother I'd make a picture.
- Brother Bear: You can make me a picture at kindergarten, Sister. They've got lots of paint, and crayons, and every color you can think of.
- Sister Bear: But I want to hear my storybooks!
- Mama Bear: They have lots of books at kindergarten, too. With stories you haven't heard before.
- Sister Bear: I was going to build something with my blocks.
- Papa Bear: They have enough blocks to build a castle at kindergarten. That was one of Brother's things about school.
- Brother Bear: There's a tub of blocks bigger than you.
- Mama Bear: What do you say, Sister? Can you give kindergarten a try?
- Mama Bear: And so, you went with Brother on the bus for your first day of school.
- Sister Bear: Is it all right if I sit here?
- Lizzie Bruin: Uh-huh!
(when they got to school, back then)
- Miss Honey Bear: Welcome to Bear Country School. My name is Miss Honey Bear, and I'm your new kindergarten teacher! Would you like to come inside and meet your new classmates?
(when it was time for recess, back then)
- Mama Bear: (gasps)
- Sister Bear: Mama! Why are you here?
- Mama Bear: Oh, I just thought I would stop by to see how you were doing.
- Sister Bear: I'm having fun! Brother was right, they do have lots of paint colors, more than a hundred!
- Mama Bear: (chuckles) Is that right?
- Sister Bear: And they do have a big tub of blocks, just like Papa said. Lizzie and I built a giant castle!
- Mama Bear: Lizzie?
- Sister Bear: Uh-huh! She's my new friend!
- Lizzie Bruin: New best friend!
- Mama Bear: Pleased to meet you, Lizzie!
- Lizzie Bruin: Hi, we're having recess!
- Mama Bear: And what do you do at recess?
- Sister Bear: Um, do you know?
- Lizzie Bruin: This is my first one!
- Mama Bear: (chuckles) I'll help you get started! Come on over to the swings and I'll push you
- Sister Bear: OK!
- Lizzie Bruin: That's a good idea!
The Week at Grandma'sEdit
- Brother Bear: Huh?
- Sister Bear: Suitcases?
- Mama Bear: So our reservations for Grizzly Mountain Lodge are all set? Thank you so much, see you soon.
- Brother Bear: Reservations?
- Brother & Sister Bear: We're going on vacation!
- Mama Bear: Well, actually, it's a second honeymoon.
- Brother Bear: Still sounds like fun.
- Sister Bear: Mmmm...especially the honey part.
- Papa Bear: I haven't seen these in ages. I wonder if my serve is still......(grunts) Ow!
- Brother Bear: Papa, are you okay?
- Sister Bear: Maybe you should just let Brother and me play tennis on the honeymoon.
- Brother Bear: But you and Mama can keep score.
- Mama Bear: Sorry, sweeties, but honeymoons aren't for cubs. Honeymoons are special trips that couples go on after they get married. It's an old tradition.
- Papa Bear: Grizzly Mountain Lodge is where Mama and I went on our first honeymoon.
- Brother Bear: But, what about us?
- Mama Bear: Well, you're going on a special trip of your own.
- Brother Bear: Is it Grizzly World?
- Sister Bear: Is it Honeycomb Amusement Park?
- Mama Bear: You're going to grandma's.
- Brother & Sister Bear: Gran's?
- Brother Bear: That should do it. Board games, books, yo-yo. I wonder if I should bring my chemistry set.
- Sister Bear: I'm bringing puzzles, coloring books, and teddy.
- Papa Bear: Beep beep. Coming through! Hey, what's all this doing out here?
- Brother Bear: Well, we are going to Gran's for a whole week. We need to keep busy.
- Mama Bear: (chuckles) Come on, now. You always have fun at Gran's house without all this stuff!
- Brother Bear: When we go for one afternoon, maybe. (whispers to Mama Bear) and Gran and Gramps are, well, old.
- Sister Bear: Maybe they'll want to take naps all day.
- Papa Bear: (grunts)
- Sister Bear: Papa, what about our toys?
- Papa Bear: You won't need all those. You're going to have too much fun with Gran and Gramps. I wonder if the lodge still has canoe rides on the lake.
- Mama Bear: And live music in the dance hall.
- Brother Bear: (sighs) Mama and Papa are going to have all the fun.
- Sister Bear: And we're going to have none.
- Grizzly Gran: See you next week. Drive safely.
- Mama Bear: Bye.
- Papa Bear: Have fun.
- Grizzly Gran: Come on, cubs.
- Papa Bear: Too bad there aren't more trees.
- Brother Bear: Come papa, come!
- Brother Bear: Oooh! Diamond!
- Papa Bear: (laughing) I'm not sure if this is a diamond, brother! It looks like a piece of quartz, but it's a real fine, just the same!
- Papa Bear: We would someday leave our cozy mountain, to live in a treehouse in the forest!
- Papa Bear: Well, not much left of the wood pile! Uh-oh
- Mama Bear: Oh dear!
- Papa Bear: Well, the mountain soil's too thin to grow trees! Having not enough trees makes it hard for a woodsbear.
- Brother Bear: What's for dinner mama?
- Mama Bear: I'm not exactly sure why this happened, our garden is so small, and Brother's growing so big, well I'd like to make the garden larger but it's right up against a rocky ledge.
- Papa & Mama Bear: (sigh)
- Mama Bear: Brother, Papa and I have something very important to talk to you about.
- Brother Bear: What, Mama?
- Papa Bear: We decided that it's time we moved from Great Bear Mountain down into the valley.
- Brother Bear: We're going to move away?, Why, Mama, Why?
- Papa Bear: Because there aren't enough trees on the mountain for my woodworking.
- Mama Bear: And our garden is much smaller than I'd like it to be.
- Papa Bear: And there's barely enough room for your bed and your cubby for you.
- Brother Bear: But what about my toys, and my books, and my rocks?
- Mama Bear: Don't worry, we'll put all of our things into boxes and take them with us!
- Brother Bear: And what about my friends, the deer and the rabbits, we can't put them in a box and take them with us.
- Papa Bear: That's true, you'll be leaving your friends that belong to the mountain behind, Mama and I will too, but you'll meet new friends in the valley, and we can always come back to visit!
- Brother Bear: But I love it here on the mountain!
- Mama Bear: I know you do, We do too. But I'm sure we'll all love our new home just as we love this one.
- Sister Bear: I'm glad we moved to the treehouse, if we haven't moved, I wouldn't be best friends with Lizzie Bruin, or be in Teacher Jane's class, or wouldn't have met Sally Beary!
- Brother Bear: And I wouldn't have met Stewart Beary or Cousin Fred, or any trees to climb!
- Papa Bear: Or any trees for my woodworking.
- Stewart Beary: OK, Sally, time to go.
- Brother Bear: We're gonna write you first!
- Stewart Beary: No, we're gonna write YOU first!
Get the GimmiesEdit
- Papa Bear: Of all the outrageous, embarrassing, shameful behavior! That was the worst case of the galloping gimmies I have ever seen!
- Mama Bear: You're right, Papa, but perhaps it's partly our fault for giving in.
- Papa Bear: Well, what could we do with those strangers looking at us? Now I think it's time we had a talk with our cubs.
- Brother Bear: Wow! Neat! Glow in the dark flyers! This would be lots of fun to play with it at night. Can I get it?
- Mama Bear: No, I told you not more than ten minutes ago.....
- Sister Bear:: Mama, Papa, can I get this?
- Papa Bear: An apple, sure.
- Sister Bear: Thanks!
- Papa Bear: Oh, careful now, you'll bruise it!
- Sister Bear: It's not a real apple, Papa, it's bouncy fruit. Neat, huh? They've got bouncy oranges and bouncy pears and bouncy bananas.
- Brother Bear: Hey, if Sister can have bouncy fruit, then I can have this.
- Mama Bear: Now listen, you two! It's not your birthday, and it's not Christmas, and it's not give your cubs a treat day! So you can put these toys back right now!
- Papa Bear: Now just hold on, you didn't go here to buy toys!
- Mama Bear: Papa's right, remember what I told you about buying toys and treats!
- Brother Bear: But that's when we were getting our groceries, we're finished now!
- Sister Bear: And look at how cute they are!
- Brother Bear: I want one of those rings, Mama.
- Sister Bear: I want some stickers.
- Mama Bear: What did I just tell you on the way here?
- Mama Bear: "Oh.....Gramps and Gran are here."
- Gramps: "Hello........"
Too Much TVEdit
- Brother Bear:: Give it to me!
- Sister Bear:: No way! It's my turn to choose!
- (cubs in the living room are trying to get the remote control) WE'RE NOT WATCHING BEAR WRESTLING!
- Brother Bear:: There's no way I'm watching Little Treehouse on the Prairie!
- (the two grunt to get the remote)
- Mama Bear:: Okay, that's it!
- (the remote falls out of Brother and Sister's hands)
- Mama Bear:: No more TV for a week! (turns the TV off)