The Basketball Diaries (film)
The Basketball Diaries is a 1995 American drama film directed by Scott Kalvert, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Lorraine Bracco, James Madic, and Mark Wahlberg from the non-fiction work of the same name. The film centers around Jim Carroll (DiCaprio), a promising teenage basketball player who develops an addiction to heroin with his misguided friends.
Jim Carroll edit
- HEY LADY! SHUT UP!
- Mom, can you get me some money please?
- I was starting to enjoy myself, Father!
- Mom: Hey Jim, you're not going to waste the whole day lying around are you?
- Jim: Yeah Mom, I'm up. The loony alarm went off.
- Mom: Well, close the blinds. Don't look at her and don't listen to her.
- Jim: How can I not?
- Crazy lady: Jesus the Nazarene, Mary the whore, Mary the hairdresser-
- Jim: HEY LADY! SHUT UP!!
- Pedro: You okay, Jim?
- Jim: Yeah.
- Pedro: Does it hurt?
- Mickey: What? Do you want to rub it for him, Pedro?
- Neutron: Yo Jim, give it a rest, man. You're never gonna beat him.
- Mickey: The guy's a pervert, did you hear him? "We can do it again tomorrow if you like, Mr. Carroll."
- Jim: C'mon. Let's cut out of here!
- Jim: Mom, can you give some money PLEASE? Mom can you give me some money PLEASE! Stop [...] around!
- (waits 5 minutes then shouts again)
- Jim: Mom, give me some [...] money please! What are you doing! I'm your son!
- Mom: I don't have any.
- Jim: MOM DON'T [...] AROUND LIKE THIS! GIVE ME SOME MONEY!!! MOM!!!!!
- Jim: Come on! Let me in the [...] door!
- (Jim waits but his mom doesn't answer. Jim begins to cry)
- Jim: Oh, my God! Oh, [...]!
- Jim: Let me in. I NEED SOME MONEY. I NEED SOME MONEY REAL BAD. Oh, [...].
- Jim: Holy [...]! Look at this place!
- Jim: And all I've done is reading these diaries wondering how the heck am I still alive.
- The true story of the death of innocence and the birth of an artist
- Every punk on the block says it's not going to happen to them... but it does.
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Jim Carroll
- Lorraine Bracco - Mrs. Carroll
- Marilyn Sokol - Chanting Woman
- James Madio - Pedro
- Patrick McGaw - Neutron
- Mark Wahlberg - Mickey
- Rory Cooper - Father McNulty
- Bruno Kirby - Swifty
- Alexander Chaplin - Bobo
- Juliette Lewis - Diane Moody
- Michael Imperioli - Bobby
- Michael Rapaport - Skinhead
- Ernie Hudson - Reggie
- Manny Alfaro - Manny
- Cynthia Daniel - Winkie
- Brittany Daniel - Blinkie
- Jim Carroll - Frankie Pinewater, Credited as James Dennis Carroll