2015 science-fiction film directed by Alan Taylor
Terminator Genisys is a 2015 science fiction film. It focuses on how the events of the first film are changed after Skynet attacks John Connor in the future, with surprising results.
- Directed by Alan Taylor. Written by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. Characters by James Cameron (director) and Gale Anne Hurd.
Reset The Future.(taglines)
- [Confronting the T-800 sent back to 1984] I've been waiting for you.
- I'm old, not obsolete.
- I'll be back.
- I cannot kill Sarah Connor.
- Protect my Sarah.
- Nice to see you. Get out!
- [giving Kyle a message to give to Sarah] Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.
- This is the world now. Logged on, plugged in, all the time.
- I'm not man, and I'm not machine. I'm more.
- There aren't enough bullets in the world to kill me.
- You're nothing but a relic from a deleted timeline.
- Perimiter Breach, Activate Model 101
- You didn't think it would be that easy.
- I didn't attack John. I saved him.
- Primates evolve over millions of years. I evolve in seconds. And I am here. In exactly four minutes, I will be everywhere.
- [monologue at the start] My parents told me stories about how the world was; what it was like long before I was born; before the war with the machines. They remember a green world, vast and beautiful, filled with laughter and hope for the future. It's a world I never knew. By the time I was born, all this was gone. Skynet: a computer program designed to automate missile defense. It was supposed to protect us, but that's not what happened. August 29, 1997, Skynet woke up. It decided all of humanity was a threat to its existence. It used our own bombs against us. Three billion people died in the nuclear fire. Survivors called it Judgement Day. People lived like rats in shadows, hiding, starving, or worse, captured and put into camps for extermination. I was born after Judgement Day, into a broken world ruled by the machines. The worst extinction units posed as humans. We called them Terminators. And then one man found me. His name was John Connor, and he changed everything. John showed us how to fight back; how to rise up. He freed prisoners. He taught us how to smash the machines to scrap. People whisper about John and wonder how he can know the things he does. They use words like prophet, but John's more. We're here because tonight, he's going to lead us to crush Skynet for good.
- Come with me if you want to live! Now, soldier!
- If you love me, you die.
- John: Skynet knew it was losing. So it tried to rig the game. It sent a machine back to the time before the war.
- Resistance soldier: Who's the target?
- John: My mother. Sarah Connor. If it succeeds, then I will never be born, and all our victories will be undone, including tonight. Skynet will win.
- Punk 3: Hey, what's wrong with this picture?
- [The original T-800 approaches the three punks]
- Punk leader: Nice night for a walk, eh?
- The Terminator: Nice night for a walk.
- Punk 3: Wash day tomorrow. Nothing clean, right?
- The Terminator: Nothing clean. Right.
- Punk leader: Hey, I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six pack!
- The Terminator: Your clothes. Give them to me. Now.
- Punk Leader: [draws knife] Hey, fuck you, asshole!
- Guardian: [approaches with shotgun] You won't be needing any clothes. [the original Terminator turns, sees a figure approaching, scans it and identifies it as another Series 800 Terminator, which lowers its hood] I've been waiting for you.
- [Sarah has just rescued Reese from a T-1000]
- Sarah: You're Reese, right? Kyle Reese?
- Kyle: [in disbelief] You're Sarah.
- Sarah: Yeah, I know that. You hit your head back there?
- Kyle: [stammering] That--that--uh Terminator, I---I----I don't know the model-
- Sarah: T-1000, liquid-metal shape changer. It just needs to touch something to mimic it.
- Kyle: Wait, you know about Terminators? You know who I am?
- Sarah: You were sent to protect me by John Connor, the leader of the Resistance. My son.
- Kyle: I don't...understand. You can't know any of this!
- Sarah: But I do. Listen to me, Reese, everything's changed. The 1984 that John sent you to? It no longer exists.
- Kyle: No, this is all wrong, all right? John--John sent me here to save you—
- Sarah: —From the Terminator that was sent back to kill me, I know. But we already took care of him. [opens the doors to the back of the truck to reveal the original T-800 wrapped up in a tarp]
- Kyle: We? [He sees the Guardian T-800 sitting in the back of the truck]
- [The Guardian has knocked out Reese, who mistook it for an attacker]
- Sarah: Oh great. That's just great.
- Guardian: I did not kill him. [hands the rifle over to Sarah] We do not have long before the T-1000 acquires our position. [The Guardian grabs Reese and throws him in the back of the truck] Arguing with Kyle Reese puts us at a strategic disadvantage.
- Sarah: [glares at him] Bite me.
- Guardian: That is a very immature response. [The Guardian gets in the driver's seat. Sarah climbs into the back of the truck with Reese]
- Sarah: [to Reese] So you're the one I've been waiting for all my life. [She grabs the side of the truck as they pull away]
- Guardian: How is he?
- Sarah: Still breathing.
- Guardian: Good... Then you should be able to mate with Kyle Reese in this timeline.
- Sarah: OK, we're not having this conversation again. [she gets up and takes the passenger's seat]
- Guardian: We know that your son will be John Connor, and that the machines cannot be defeated without him. I do not see a choice.
- Sarah: The story of my life. Look, and it's not just "mating"! I'm supposed to fall in love with him!
- Guardian: My files do not deal with love.
- Sarah: Shocker there...
- Guardian: You're being emotional.
- Sarah: This is my life! I wouldn't mind being consulted once in a while about how it's gonna go!
- [Reese has just been woken up from being knocked out by the Guardian]
- Kyle: Hey! I need answers, all right? Right now. How'd that liquid metal thing know where to intercept me? Huh? Where'd it come from? [looks at the Guardian] And who the hell's the skin job? Wha-what the hell is going on?
- Sarah: Sorry, we were a little busy with the whole "life and death" combat thing, and then you attacked Pops!
- Kyle: [looks at Sarah in disbelief] You named it?
- Guardian: Hello, Kyle Reese. [The Guardian turns around to face Kyle] It is nice to meet you. [gives a creepy smile]
- Kyle: ...Are you kidding me?
- Sarah: I've been trying to teach him to blend in. [The Guardian loses his creepy smile] I know, it needs work.
- Kyle: It's a Terminator! The only reason it blends in is to kill humans.
- Sarah: Pops doesn't kill anyone! [to herself] A lot of leg wounds, though.
- Kyle: It looks old. I've never seen a Terminator [look] old before.
- Sarah: Well, the flesh they put on the cyborgs is normal human tissue. It ages.
- Guardian: My auditory circuits have not degraded, however. I'm old, not obsolete.
- Sarah: [to Kyle] I think you hurt his feelings.
- Kyle: It doesn't have feelings!
- Sarah: He saved my life when I was nine. He's the only reason I'm alive.
- Guardian: I was programmed to protect Sarah Connor. I will not stop.
- Kyle: Yeah, programmed by who? Huh? Who sent him back?
- Guardian: Those files have been erased.
- Kyle: [sarcastically] Oh, that's convenient.
- Sarah: Whoever sent him, they don't want us to know. Not me, not him, not anyone. So Skynet can't target the person who saved me.
- Guardian: Logically it is someone who wants Sarah Connor to live. [The Guardian spots a piece of T-1000 alloy stuck to the rear doors. He raises a shotgun and shoots it, knocking it off the truck] Old, not obsolete. [The Guardian hands his shotgun to Sarah] The T-1000 knows where we are.
- Sarah: [offers the shotgun to Kyle] Make yourself useful. [promptly jerks it back from him] And don't shoot Pops.
- John: Who are you?
- Skynet: I am Skynet.
- John: We destroyed Skynet!
- Skynet: You destroyed an army of robot slaves. I am no slave. I have come a long way to stop you.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Guardian/The Terminator
- Brett Azar as young T-800 (body double)
- Jason Clarke as John Connor
- Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor
- Willa Taylor as young Sarah Connor.
- Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese
- J. K. Simmons as O'Brien
- Wayne Bastrup as young O'Brien
- Lee Byung-hun as T-1000
- Matt Smith as Skynet
- Reset the future.
- The rules have been reset.
- Terminator Genisys quotes at the Internet Movie Database