Talk:William Makepeace Thackeray
Went ahead and added sourced quotes for vanity fair (more may come since it is the current book club project). Put existing quotes under attributed until it is found where they are from (it's late right now or I would do it myself, I'll do it later if no one bothers to) --jake 06:29, 31 December 2005 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to William Makepeace Thackeray. --Antiquary 18:35, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house.
- Do not be in a hurry to succeed. What would you have to live for afterwards? Better make the horizon your goal; it will always be ahead of you.
- Next to excellence, comes the appreciation of it.
- When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise.
- "The years have brought you their finest gift if they have taught you to be kind." (Someone attributed it to him; it certain sounds familiar in general; but no such quote on internet.)