The following quotes were moved here from the page because the source has no apparent notability. If he is notable, please create a wp page, a wq page or add evidence of notability here. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 07:57, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
- "Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world." — T'ien Yiheng
"Japanese proverb" removalEdit
The following proverb is not in Japanese proverbs. After talking to Aphaia, who is not sure of such proverb (or maybe it's just a bad translation), I decided to move it here. Only add it if you can confirm it's a proverb (in which case add it, and the Japanese original, to the proverbs page) or if you can attribute it to someone (Aphaia said it sound like something a tea master might say). ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 20:37, 2 November 2005 (UTC)
- "A man without tea in him is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~ Japanese proverb
This quote is from Okakura Kakuzo, Book of Tea (1906)
Actually the quote does not seem to be in Okakura's book. A word search failed to find it. 22.214.171.124 21:32, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
claimed Lady Astor quote removalEdit
I removed the follow spurious exchange between Lady Astor and Sir Winston Churchill:
- "Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea!" "And if you were my wife, I would drink it!"
- Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations (1989) notes:
- Exchange described as a false story by George Thayer in a review of a book about Churchill.—The Washington Post, April 27, 1971, p. B6.
- Thayer spent a year as research assistant to Randolph Churchill on the biography of his father, Sir Winston Churchill. Another story Thayer declared false has Lady Astor reproaching Churchill, “Winston, you are drunk,” to which he replied, “Indeed, Madam, and you are ugly—but tomorrow I’ll be sober.”
126.96.36.199 15:24, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
LiveJournal quote removalEdit
I removed the following quote due to doubt of notability. It sounds a bit witty but from my view not meets our notability criteria - "quotes from notable people".
- "When the news reporter said 'Shopkeepers are opening their doors bringing out blankets and cups of tea' I just smiled. It's like yes. That's Britain for you. Tea solves everything. You're a bit cold? Tea. Your boyfriend has just left you? Tea. You've just been told you've got cancer? Tea. Coordinated terrorist attack on the transport network bringing the city to a grinding halt? TEA DAMMIT!" - "jslayeruk," posted on LiveJournal
--Aphaia 05:20, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
- Computer... Tea, Earl Grey, hot.
- If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you.
- A true warrior, like tea, shows his strength in hot water.
- Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary.
- Rather three days without food than a day without tea.
- Bring me a cup of tea and 'Times'.
- Queen Victoria's first command upon the throne
- Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting, Favorite chairs anticipating, No matter what I have to do, My friend there's always time for you.
- Tea and books - Mmmmmm, two of life's exquisite pleasures that together bring near-bliss.
- Women are like tea bags, they don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water.
- The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement.
- Arthur Gray in The Little Tea Book (1903).
- To an Englishman, tea is of far greater importance than toilet paper.
- — anon.
- There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
- Bernard-Paul Heroux.
- Tea in Iran has the role of wine in France.
- Rose-Marie Kivijärvi, in the iranian documentary Tea and coffee society (2009).
- Of course, Abu Latif in Tea house had no intention of selling something. He Drink last cup of Arabic tea...and farewell with the golden dome. ~ In town cannot find a doctor (Personal Blog) by Jamal Naserizadeh (Jamal Nazareth).