Return to "Jacque Fresco" page.
- We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.
- You can either have one guy lifting a billion pounds by himself, and it takes many years of planning and preparation - or you can have a billion people, each lifting one pound, and it takes a mere moment. This is the power of unity.
- You cannot approach people who think differently with reason and logic if they don't know what that means. First, you have to appeal to their values to start with. If you attack them, you lose them.
- We are not taught to be thinkers, but reflectors of our culture. Let's teach our children to be thinkers.
- Capitalism, Socialism, Fascism, Communism, the Free-Market .... What good are these approaches for? These attempts are made by men who are cerebral insufficient. I'm trying to give you back your brain, which they took away from you in schools and in your upbringing. I'm trying to show you how the world works. So if you want a better world, you have to get up off your ass and make it better.
More unsourced and sourced quotes may be found at https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-venus-project-global/jacque-fresco-quotes/338170752913249 —This unsigned comment is by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
- I have tried to determine the origin of these sources, and come upon this Transcript for Future by Design, which startes with:
- Leonardo da Vinci was a self-taught renaissance man. As a scientist, artist and inventor da Vinci's genius led to an unprecedented body of work. The drawings he left behind remain as testaments to his innovation and originality. One of da Vinci's main inhibitions was the lack of materials he needed to transform his concepts into reality. Jacque Fresco is also a self-taught scientist, architect and inventor. For his entire life he has been deeply committed to investigation insight and innovation. A prolific creator and builder Jacque has been redesigning our entire culture for most of his life. While da Vinci needed advanced materials Fresco has lacked access to the social and political resources needed to realize his most far-reaching ideas. AUGUST, 1974 My guest is an extraordinary Miamian, Dr. Jacque Fresco. I could go through all the things that Dr. Fresco has done. He's a social engineer, industrial engineer, designer, inventor was a consultant...
- This transcripts belongs to this video with the Video details:
- Duration: 1 hour, 28 minutes and 53 seconds
- Year: 2006
- Country: United States
- Language: English
- License: CC - Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives
- Genre: Documentary
- Producer: William Gazecki
- Views: 59.681 (31.336 embedded)
- Posted by: dforleans on 23-jan-2009
- -- Mdd (talk) 13:06, 5 October 2013 (UTC)