Return to "Inspiration" page.
- Inspiration may be a form of superconsciousness, or perhaps of subconsciousness - I wouldn't know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self- consciousness.
- Aaron Copland (1900 - 1990)
- Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.
- Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion.
- Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.
- Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)
- Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time... The wait is simply too long.
- Leonard Bernstein (1918 - 1990)
- We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.”
- When I think of talking, it is of course with a woman. For talking at its best being an inspiration, it wants a corresponding divine quality of receptiveness, and where will you find this but in a woman?
- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)
- I would like to be called an inspiration to people, not a role model--because I make mistakes like everybody else. When I'm offstage, I'm just like everybody else.
- Britney Spears (1981 - )
- The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamour. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repetition.
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others.
- Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894)
- Talent is like a faucet; while it is open, you have to write. Inspiration? - a hoax fabricated by poets for their self-importance.
- Jean Anouilh (1910 - 1987)
- What is grace? It is the inspiration from on high: it is love; it is liberty. Grace is the spirit of law. This discovery of the spirit of law belongs to Saint Paul; and what he calls "grace" from a heavenly point of view, we, from an earthly point, call "rigtheousness."
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)
- To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America; with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.
- Walt Disney Speech on the opening day of Disneyland (17 July 1955)
- My own educational journey, which led to a doctorate in physics, began because of the inspiration I received from a high school teacher. I can think of no greater reward for our staff than providing the means for similar inspiration to students in surrounding communities.