Return to "Economic history" page.
Merged History of economic thought into Economic historyEdit
Hereby I propose to merge both articles because:
- The subjects are close related
- The current three quotes are just as much about the History of economic thought as about economic history
- A topic of history of economic thought is more or less already covered in the economics lemma
- Support merge—The two articles should be merged, and the amalgamation should be titled history of economics or history of economic thought, preferable the former. allixpeeke (talk) 23:31, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose merge—The respective articles should be allowed to develop prior to considering merger. Why merge two different topics? Please read the current respective Wikipedia articles before finalizing the decision. Note the respective "Contents" in the Wikipedia articles list very different topics. Also note the following quotes in the current Wikipedia articles.
- Economic history: "For the history of the field of study itself, see History of economic thought." "Economic history is the academic study of economies or economic events of the past."
- History of economic thought: "For the study of past economic situations, see Economic history." "The history of economic thought... different thinkers and theories... from the ancient world to the present day... This field encompasses many disparate schools of economic thought.ELApro (talk) 01:37, 9 May 2021 (UTC)