Return to "Despair" page.
Moved quote here:
- "It took hundreds of years and thousands of lives, but the Universe finally taught me it's one and only lesson. Existence is worthless." ~ Howard Weinstein
There is no such wp or wq article. If there is evidence for notabilty, either add it here, create a wp article or create a wq article, and add the quote back. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 06:11, 12 October 2005 (UTC)
- It becomes no man to nurse despair, but, in the teeth of clenched antagonisms, to follow up the worthiest till he die.
- It is a miserable state of mind to have few things to desire, and many things to fear.
- The fact that God has prohibited despair gives misfortune the right to hope all things, and leaves hope free to dare all things
- The man who lives only by hope will die with despair.
- The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation ... A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind.
- What we call despair is often only the painful eagerness of unfed hope.
- The specific character of despair is precisely this: it is unaware of being despair.
- Despair is Freedom.
- Don't you understand? Can't you see? You're all going to die!
- Otto Witt, trying to convince the garrison at Rourke's Drift to flee (Film Zulu).
- Senator, I agree with you-and I would also say that despair is not a method.
- General John Abizaid, in response to Hillary Clinton's 'Hope is not a strategy'.