I'm removing the quote:
For the wealthy there is therapy; for the rest of us, there's just dancing.
It appears to be a personal addition by an individual and it barely shows up (in its entirety or in large chunks) when doing a search for the source. Apologies if incorrect.
OC 126.96.36.199 04:57, 9 May 2007
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Dance.
- dance is a international language, everyone speaks
- Few things are more powerful than the ability to speak volumes to hundreds of people without using any words.
- To dance takes strength, artistry and passion. You can express any emotion possible in the most beautiful form, if you're willing to take the first step.
- It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
- Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances.
- I have no desire to prove anything by it. I have never used it as an outlet or a means of expressing myself. I just dance.
- A dance is a measured pace, as a verse is a measured speech.
- Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.
- I dance because I am happy, I dance because I am free
- Your world cannot be complete without dance.
- Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It's the rhythm of your life. Its the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
- To dance is to be out of yourself, larger, more powerful, more beautiful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking.
- There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
- Dancing: The Highest Intelligence in the Freest Body.
- If I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in dancing it.
- Life isn't choreographed. That's why I fall down a lot.
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul.
- Movement never lies.
- Martha Graham, quoting her father
- So you can't dance? Not at all? Not even one step? . . . How can you say that you've taken any trouble to live when you won't even dance?
- Dance is a worship experience where the dancer glorifies God and the Holy Spirit ministers to His people.
- Nicole Gray Davis
- Dance for yourself, if someone understands good. If not then no matter, go right on doing what you love.
- We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
- Football isn't a contact sport; it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
- Dance is advanced body language.
- Dancing is the world's favorite metaphor.
- Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.
- The self is a dance, constantly in motion.
- Dance is movement, is action, and like all action, it reveals us to ourselves in the doing.
- When we give ourselves over completely to the spirit of the dance, it becomes a prayer.
- Dance is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
- Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, and she did it backwards and in high heels.
- O body swayed to music, o brightening glance, how can we know the dancer from the dance?
- Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
- Dance like no one's watching.
- At 14, I discovered girls. At that time, dancing was the only way you could put your arm around the girl. Dancing was courtship. Only later did I discover that you dance joy. You dance love. You dance dreams.
- Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in a twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing then it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing... and dancing... and dancing, until there is only... The Dance.
- Fuck art, let's dance
- Anonymous, a 70's slogan
- Music and dance are inseparable because they are essentially the same energy in opposite forms. The internal appreciation of the energy we call music and the external representation of this we call dance.
- Stephen Ambler (who?)
- Is it possible to talk by dancing? And yet I dare swear that's how the gods and devils must talk to one another.
- Nikos Kazantzakis