American actress (born 1975)
Biography at Wikipedia
Media at Wikicommons
- These problems do not disappear just because we do not hear about them. There is so much more happening around the world than what is communicated to us about the top stories we do hear. We all need to look deeper and discover for ourselves.... What is the problem? Where is it? How can we help to solve it?
- Notes from My Travels: Visits with Refugees in Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan and Ecuador (2006)
- It is especially shocking that such a tragedy can go on, year after year, with the rest of the world paying so little attention to it. My Christmas message to Colombian refugees and to the millions of displaced people in Colombia is that the world has not totally forgotten them.
- I was horrified by the attacks against her, [but] Madonna knew the situation in Malawi, where he was born. In that country, there isn't really a legal framework for adopting. Personally, I prefer to stay on the side of the law.
- I was a member of a group called the Kissy Girls. I was very sexual in kindergarten. I created a game where I would kiss the boys and give them cooties. Then we would make out and we would take our clothes off. I got in a lot of trouble!
- “Make bold choices and make mistakes. It’s all those things that add to the person you become.”
- “If every choice you make comes from an honest place, you’re solid, and nothing anybody can say about you can rock you or change your opinion.”
- “Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.”
- If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different....I'd rather be completely fucking mental.
- "Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life."
- You’d think, ‘What if I make a mistake today, I’ll regret it’. I don’t believe in regret, I feel everything leads us to where we are and we have to just jump forward, mean well, commit and just see what happens.
- Love one person, take care of them until you die. You know, raise kids. Have a good life. Be a good friend. And try to be completely who you are. And figure out what you personally love. And like go after it with everything you've got no matter how much it takes.
- "The great thing about having a bunch of kids is that they just remind you that you're the person who takes them to go poop,"
- “It is a myth that rape is an inevitable part of conflict… There is nothing inevitable about it. It is a weapon of war aimed at civilians. It has nothing to do with sex — everything to do with power. It is done to torture and humiliate innocent people and often very young children.”
- "Every day we chose who we are by how we define ourselves."
- "It's not going to accomplish anything to cry."
- "Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man or woman you're in a relationship with, Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else."
- . “I’ve realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy.”
- We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
- “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.”
- “Love one person, take care of them until you die. You know, raise kids. Have a good life. Be a good friend. And try to be completely who you are. And figure out what you personally love. And like go after it with everything you've got no matter how much it takes.”
- We want to help young people to identify who or what is blocking them from accessing their human rights, and how to try to overcome that. The message to young people is, no one has the right to harm you, to silence you.
- "Know Your Rights And Claim Them"
About Angelina Jolie Edit
- Since her appointment as a Goodwill Ambassador, Angelina has more than fulfilled my expectations. She has proven to be a close partner and a genuine colleague in our efforts to find solutions for the world’s refugees. Above all, she has helped to make the tragedy of refugees real to everyone who will listen. Angelina’s interest in helping refugees, her personal generosity, and her truly compassionate spirit are an inspiration to us all.
- Ruud Lubbers, UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Notes from My Travels: Visits with Refugees in Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan and Ecuador, Foreward (2006)
- … an off-screen persona of Globally Conscious Earth Mother and an aggressive on-screen embodiment of Kali, Goddess of Destruction.
- Ann Hornaday, "Action figure: Angelina Jolie is out to prove she's an actress worth her 'Salt'", page 2, WashingtonPost.com, July 22, 2010