Surviving Sid is a 2008 computer-animated short film from Blue Sky Studios, starring Sid the Sloth of Ice Age and a cameo appearance by Scrat. It is the third in the series of Ice Age short films, the other two being Gone Nutty and No Time for Nuts. Unlike the first two Ice Age short films, Surviving Sid focuses on Sid and a small animal group of camping children. Directed by Galen Tan Chu and Karen Disher, the short premiered on December 9, 2008, on the Horton Hears a Who! DVD and Blu-ray.
- Directed by Galen Tan Chu and Karen Disher. Produced by John C. Donkin and Lori Forte.
- [The animal kids are fishing in a lake]
- Whiny Beaver Boy: [notices his fishing pole got a fish] I got one! I got one! I'm actually having a good time!
- [Sid grabs his fishing pole]
- Sid: Boy, You kids are doing it the hard way.
- [The fish went back into the water]
- Whiny Beaver Boy: And... it's over.
- Sid: To catch a fish, You must become the fish. [Sid acts likes a fish and hops into the lake] Think like a fish, move like a fish.
- [The fish swims in a lake. Sid splashes the water scaring the fish away. He keeps swimming like a fish until he enters the big fish's mouth] [from inside the big fish's mouth] AHH! AHH!
- [The animal kids closed their eyes]
- Start Girl Claire: Ouch. [Sid comes out of the lake with big fish] [from inside the big fish's mouth] Oh, you poor thing. I feel terrible for you.
- [The big fish eats up Sid]
- Sid: Oww! Why, thank you, Claire.
- Start Girl Claire: I was talking to the fish.
- John Leguizamo as Sid the Sloth
- Chris Wedge as Scrat
- Shane Baumel as Whiny Beaver Boy
- Paul Butcher as Smarty Pants Molehog Boy
- Karen Disher as S'more
- Sean Micheal Cunningham as Glyptodon Boy
- Khamani Griffin as Beaver Son
- John Hawkinson as Beaver Dad
- Maria Lark as Aardvark Girl Cindy
- Emily Osment as Start Girl Claire