Surviving Sid is a 2008 computer-animated short film from Blue Sky Studios, starring Sid the Sloth of Ice Age and a cameo appearance by Scrat. It is the third in the series of Ice Age short films, the other two being Gone Nutty and No Time for Nuts. Unlike the first two Ice Age short films, Surviving Sid focuses on Sid and a small animal group of camping children. When Scrat a squirrel get separated from his Acorn and Sid mistakens him as a lost squirrel, he tries his best to run away from Sid. Directed by Galen Tan Chu and Karen Disher, the short premiered on December 9, 2008, on the Horton Hears a Who! DVD and Blu-ray.
- Directed by Galen Tan Chu and Karen Disher. Produced by John C. Donkin and Lori Forte.
- [The animal kids are fishing in a lake]
- Whiny Beaver Boy: [notices his fishing pole got a fish] I got one! I got one! I'm actually having a good time!
- [Sid grabs his fishing pole]
- Sid: Boy, You kids are doing it the hard way.
- [The fish went back into the water]
- Whiny Beaver Boy: And... it's over.
- Sid: To catch a fish, You must become the fish. [Sid acts likes a fish and hops into the lake] Think like a fish, move like a fish.
- [The fish swims in a lake. Sid splashes the water scaring the fish away. He keeps swimming like a fish until he enters the big fish's mouth] [from inside the big fish's mouth] AHH! AHH!
- [The animal kids closed their eyes]
- Start Girl Claire: Ouch. [Sid comes out of the lake with big fish] [from inside the big fish's mouth] Oh, you poor thing. I feel terrible for you.
- [The big fish eats up Sid]
- Sid: Oww! Why, thank you, Claire.
- Start Girl Claire: I was talking to the fish. The short film begins with scrat searching for a shelter for his acorn then he spots ice he begins to put the acorn in it however the ice cracks sending him underwater Manny Diego and Sid walk to the ice who had heard the word did you hear something? Diego: not at all Sid moans somebody help that little guy! Something squirming up it's a sarber- tooth squirrel and his name is I know I'll call him anchor come on let's warm you up Scrat who has survived, looks sadly at his acorn still in the freezing water that night, Sid begins to wrap anchor in a warm towel that somebody dropped good good as new now I'll set up a warm fire for you to keep your hands with. scrat is glad that the sloth is gone and is about to escape when Sid appears again got some fire twigs now watch magically Sid begins to shovel all the wood off the sticks a fiery glow appeared and the squirrel watches in amazement it becomes a fire! There we go! Now put your hands in but not too close Ah that's better okay squirrel nighty night and we will go and find your parents he puts scrat on the ground he whimpers squirrel as a bug in a rug Sid falls asleep Scrat tries to be brave himself he throws dust at Sid but it fails to reach him he decides to close his eyes until morning he shuts his eyes permanently and everything goes black at that moment, scrat awakens it is sunlight scrat walks quietly to the campfire after he uses water to put down the fire, he rushes to Wake Sid however Sid wakes up himself and it turns out to be scrat's dad! How's it going now son? The squirrel screams Manny and Diego approach and it turns out to be his cousin and his mom! Hiya knock knock who's there? It's me welcome son they start to hug Scrat he tries to squirm out of their arms however somebody approaches it is a big scrat! You're so sweet! I can barely hug you! Scrat looks up she is reaching for him!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Then he wakes up it is still night it has all been a nightmare scrat feels so angry that he wants to run away and meet his Acorn again so, he starts to play a trick on him what is it anchor? Diego and Manny are in trouble? Oh no I got to rescue them with Sid gone, he disappears into the darkness! He looks around for the acorn he went with It that very day.he sees the acorn on the snow it turns out that it wasn't in the ice after all! A very happy scrat dashes for the acorn grabbing and hugging it, he begins to kiss it. Then he sighs ending the series.
- John Leguizamo as Sid the Sloth
- Chris Wedge as Scrat
- Shane Baumel as Whiny Beaver Boy
- Paul Butcher as Smarty Pants Molehog Boy
- Karen Disher as S'more
- Sean Micheal Cunningham as Glyptodon Boy
- Khamani Griffin as Beaver Son
- John Hawkinson as Beaver Dad
- Maria Lark as Aardvark Girl Cindy
- Emily Osment as Start Girl Claire
|Feature films||Ice Age (2002) · The Meltdown (2006) · Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) · Continental Drift (2012) · Collision Course (2016)|
|Short films||Gone Nutty (2002) · No Time for Nuts (2006) · Surviving Sid (2008) · Cosmic Scrat-tastrophe (2015)|
|Television specials||A Mammoth Christmas (2011)|