- This entry relates to the physical concept of speed; for the film, see Speed (1994 film)
Speed is the rate of motion, or equivalently the rate of change in position, often expressed as distance d traveled per unit of time t.
- But the speed was power, and the speed was joy, and the speed was pure beauty.
- LT Pete "Maverick" Mitchell: I feel a need… a need for speed.
- Be wise with speed;
A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
- Ares (The God of War) hates those who hesitate.
- Heraclidæ (c 428 BC) line 722.
- Euripides Alternate translation : Ares hates the sluggard most of all. (translated by David Kovacs)
- Ease and speed in doing a thing do not give the work lasting solidity or exactness of beauty.
- Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
- Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.