American Islamic studies scholar
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "Religion of peace" does not imply that Islam is a paciﬁst religion, that it rejects the use of violence altogether, as either a moral or a metaphysical evil. "Religion of peace" connotes, rather, that Islam can countenance a state of permanent, peaceful coexistence with other nations and peoples who are not Muslims...This position, I shall argue, is no more than the result of an objective application of principles of Islamic jurisprudence which no jurist or activist, medieval or modern, has claimed to reject.
- (Spring–Summer 2002)"Jihad and the Modern World". Journal of Islamic Law and Culture.
- Dr. Abdal Hakim Jackson (Sherman Jackson) Audio and Video Lectures
- Sherman Jackson on Charlie Rose
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Sherman Jackson in libraries (WorldCat catalog)