Sheldon Gary Adelson (born August 4, 1933) is an American business magnate, investor, philanthropist, and political donor. He is the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Las Vegas Sands Corporation, which owns the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, and is the parent company of Venetian Macao Limited, which operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
- What I would say is, ‘Listen. You see that desert out there, I want to show you something.’ …You pick up your cellphone and you call somewhere in Nebraska and you say, ‘OK let it go.’ And so there’s an atomic weapon, goes over ballistic missiles, the middle of the desert, that doesn’t hurt a soul. Maybe a couple of rattlesnakes, and scorpions, or whatever. And then you say, ‘See? The next one is in the middle of Tehran.’ So, we mean business. [...] You want to be wiped out?” [to Iranians] Go ahead and take a tough position and continue with your nuclear development. You want to be peaceful? Just reverse it all, and we will guarantee you that you can have a nuclear power plant for electricity purposes, energy purposes.”
- 24 October 2013 made at forum: “Iran, Assimilation and the Threat to Israel and Jewish Survival”
- In this country [Israel] the one thing the Jews have been searching for for 3000 years is acceptance and assimilation. And now that we’ve achieved acceptance and assimilation, it’s turning out to be our undoing. Without Birthright, there are statistics that have been proven at least twice that there’s only 42% of Jewish kids between the ages of 18 and 26 that say they marry within their religion or bring up their children Jewish. 42% is less than half the remaining. In another two or three generations there won’t be any secular Jews left. So this the most important program of my lifetime. All the kids that go to Birthright – the number jumps from 42% to 76%.
- 1 October 2016 IAC National Conference, Washington DC.
- Sheldon Adelson is looking to give big dollars to Rubio because he feels he can mold him into his perfect little puppet. I agree!
- An incredible honor to receive the endorsement of a person I have such tremendous respect for. Thank you, Sheldon!
- 13 May 2016 also by Trump