|This Businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Ballmer and Butt-Head
- [...] the only thing I'd rather own than [Microsoft] Windows is English or Chinese or Spanish, because then I could charge a $249 right to speak English. And I could charge you an upgrade fee when I add new letters like N and T.
- Testimony before U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on market power and structural change in the software industry, 1998-03-03 (transcript at CNN.com)
- You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it.
- Sprenger, Polly (1999-01-26). "Sun on Privacy: 'Get Over It'". Wired. Retrieved on 2008-01-11.
- What we offer is good enough. It's like my haircut: It ain't pretty, but it's good enough.
- Ricciuti, Mike (2002-10-08). "Sun CEO: We're "good enough"". CNET News.com. Retrieved on 2006-08-25.
- In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
- Schlender, Brent (13 October 1997). JAVAMAN THE ADVENTURES OF SCOTT MCNEALY TODAY'S EPISODE HIS FIGHT TO SAVE THE WORLD WIDE WEB FROM THE EVIL EMPIRE. Fortune.
- I am very liberal on social issues, but I don’t believe we can have personal liberty, which is what that means, without having economic liberty. We have economic tyranny when you add in Obamacare, we have about 50 percent of the U.S. GDP in the public sector. That means that you have a tyrannical and overregulating, and politicized economy, not a market economy, not the invisible hand.
- [Tech] is unstoppable. We're getting more tech in our lives every day as we go to VR or AR and all of the machine learning and artificial intelligence and all the rest of it.
- Open source is free like a puppy is free.
- Andrew Donoghue (8 June 2005). "Open source 'is free like a puppy is free' says Sun boss". ZDNet.
Quotes about McNealyEdit
- During his years at the helm, McNealy grew Sun from a Silicon Valley start-up to a leading provider of network computing infrastructure with thousands of employees worldwide.
- Bruce Haring in BlockTribune: "Crypto Miner TMGcore Adds Sun Microsystems Co-Founder Scott McNealy As Advisor" (12 July 2018)