Predator 2 is the 1990 sequel to the successful 1987 film Predator. It stars Danny Glover, Gary Busey, María Conchita Alonso, Ruben Blades and Bill Paxton. Kevin Peter Hall reprised his role as the Predator from the first film. The film features the titular alien hunter on a new quest right in the heart of Los Angeles.
- This is what I call the speech, kid. It's the only one I got and I only give it once, so pay attention. 'Til now, it's all been fun and games. "Cops and robbers," Dunkin Donuts. But you're in the shit now. Metro Command is a war zone.
- Leona Cantrell: I have heard about you.
- Jerry Lambert: Yeah?
- Cantrell: Yeah. Like your last partner got shot.
- Lambert: What?
- Cantrell: Well... [grabs Jerry's testicles] Try that cowboy shit with me, fucker, and you can kiss these goodbye.
- Jerry Lambert: [noticing footage on a subway public television of himself assaulting Tony Pope] H-Hey, it's me! I look great!
- Leona Cantrell: Oh, shut up.
- Lambert: [to elderly man recognizing him from the footage] No autographs Pop.
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: Hey, what the hell's going on here, Heinemann?
- Captain Phil Heinemann: Insubordination, disregard for direct orders from a supervising officer! Now get back to your cage at Alvarado!
- Harrigan: I'll show you insubordination, you son of a bitch!
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: [grabbing Keyes and violently pinning him against the wall] Listen, shithead. I don't give a fuck who you really are or what you want with this asshole... because now it's personal, and he's a dead man.
- Peter Keyes: The concept of what you're dealing with is way over your head. I'm warning you...
- Harrigan: You! [shoves Keyes back against the wall] You don't know what you're dealing with... and I'm warning you: stay the fuck out of my way!
- [Harrigan is brought to a command post run by Peter Keyes' CIA Other World Life Forms capture team]
- Peter Keyes: God damn Harrigan! Don't you show up in the damnedest places. Come here, Lieutenant. I got something you might find interesting
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: What is this?
- Keyes: How many times do I have to tell you? You don't know what you're dealing with! [points to ghostly image on pheromone sensor display] There's your killer. Wonderful, isn't it? Pheromone signature left by his body. These are scent molecules. [to tech] Punch up three. Ten years ago, one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite Special Forces crew in central America. There were two survivors. They indicated that when trapped, the creature activated a self-destruct device that destroyed enough rain forest to cover 300 city blocks. Remarkable weaponry. That's right, Lieutenant. Other-world life-forms.
- Harrigan: Huh?
- Keyes: A fucking alien. Iwo Jima, Cambodia, Beirut. Drawn by heat and conflict. He's on safari. Lions. The tigers. The bears. Oh, my!
- Harrigan: Trophies. That's the game, isn't it, Keyes?
- Keyes: You're the lion. This is his jungle.
- [Keyes explains the OWLF team's activity in a slaughterhouse]
- Peter Keyes: It's taken us over two weeks to learn his patterns. He comes here every two days to feed. Seems he has a taste for beef.
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: I didn't think he was a vegetarian.
- Peter Keyes: Well, we've prepared a little trap for this predator.
- [Mike removes the Predator's mask]
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: [whispering] You are one ugly motherfu--
- Second Predator: [grabs Mike by the throat] ...motherfucker! [throws Mike]
- [last lines]
- Garber: Harrigan! What the fuck happened in there? Huh? Goddamn it. We came so close!
- Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance.
About Predator 2Edit
- "Broad concept's the same. The difference is, this is a different individual. A different individual of the same species. As is a snake is a snake, but different snakes are different. Their colorings are different, different parts of their characteristics, their facial structures, subtle differences."
- Stan Winston The Making of Predator 2 (Documentary). 20th Century Fox. 1990.
- Pull over, park, and pray.
- Lions! Tigers! Bears! Oh my!
- He's in town with a few days to kill.
- Silent. Invisible. Invincible. He's in town with a few days to kill.
- Hunting season opens again...
- The Ultimate Hunter.
- This time he's coming to a different kind of jungle.
- Silent. Invisible. Invincible. The Ultimate Hunter. This Time... Los Angeles, 1997.