Playing By Heart
1998 American comedy-drama film directed by Willard Carroll
Playing by Heart is a 1998 film by Williard Carroll that tells the the interwoven story of a group of couples as they work their way through their various relationships.
If romance is a mystery, there's only one way to figure it out. (taglines)
- Paul: You know, I never knew what love was until I met your mother. And by then it was too late.
- Mildred:: I never loved your father. Not for a minute.
- Mark:: Wow. You're...good at this.
- Mildred: I was so relieved when he died.
- Mark: Geez Mom, don't hold anything back.
- Trent: Have dinner with me.
- Meredith:: Look, I'm not going to sue you or anything.
- Trent:: I'm not asking as a pre-emptive strike against litigation, I'm asking--
- Meredith:: I'll have dinner with you.
- Trent:: What changed your mind?
- Meredeith: Anyone who can say 'pre-emptive strike against litigation' with a straight face deserves a dinner companion.
- Paul: What are you thinking?.
- Hannah Hot liquids and facial burns..
- Hannah: And you really didn't sleep with her?.
- Paul: No..
- Hannah: And you didn't want to sleep with her?.
- Paul: Good G-d, yes, I did..
- Joan: I said you look like a man in need of a coke..
- Paul: If I have to wear a tux, she has to wear a bra..
- Meredith: They look so perfect together..
- Hannah: They look so perfect together..
- Paul: Just like we do..
- Meredith: This is gonna sound really weird..
- Trent: You're worried about Barley, and you want to go back to your place..
- Meredeith:: Oh my G-d, this is way fucking spooky..
- Hugh:: I lost my wife and kids..
- Allison: Ask the bartender, he can find anything..
- Hugh:: I should be alone. Alone in hell. That's where I am..
- Joan:: (on the phone) The lad doesn't say much, and when he does, he finds just the right words to crush my soul. Of course I'm crazy about him..
- Joan: She's got her eye on you..
- Keenan: Yeah, but it's her good one..
- Keenan: That is the ugliest cat I've ever seen..
- Joan: She's an angel..
- Keenan: She only has one eye..
- Joan: Yeah, but it's her good one..
- Joan: You should write these kiss-offs down. How to crush a woman's soul in ten words or less. That was ten, wasn't it?
- (counting) You're-terrific-Sensational-really-but-I'm-not-right-for-you. Yep. Ten..
- Gracie: Roger..
- Roger: Yeah?.
- Gracie: Don't be an angerball..
- If romance is a mystery, there's only one way to figure it out.
- The comedy with a twist.
- The sexy comedy with a twist.