Penn & Teller
American illusionists and entertainers
Penn & Teller are a two-man magic and comedy team, Penn Fraser Jillette (born 5 March 1955) and Teller (born Raymond Joseph Teller, 14 February 1948). All the quotes from the duo come from Penn, except where noted, as Teller is famously silent.
- The idea of mind-altering substances gives me the willies. Fill your tank with nitro, the car goes fast, sure, but not far.
- Teller in Pete Moss interview (21 March 2001)
- This I believe: I believe there is no god.
- Penn Jillette in "This I Believe", Morning Edition. NPR. WVGR, Grand Rapids. 21 November 2005 (NPR : There is no God)
- Teller: Will you shut up!
Homer Simpson: Hey, I thought you didn't talk.
Teller: [nervously] Uh, I didn't mean to... it just slipped out. Oh god, now Penn's gonna beat me...I'm not the first Teller.
- Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect.
- The Honor System Interview, Esquire Magazine (September 17, 2012)