|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Men will not forget that Pancho Villa was loyal to the cause of the people.
- As quoted in Pancho Villa: Rebel of the Mexican Revolution (2006) by Mary Englar
- The country must be governed by someone who really loves his people and his land, who shares wealth and progress. I have all that, only that I am ignorant. "
- I, Pancho Villa, was a loyal man that destiny brought the world to fight for the good of the poor and that I will never betray nor forget my duty."
- Companions of arms and lords. Do not believe that the one who is going to speak to them is a philosopher, I am a man of people, but you will understand that these men when they speak, speak with the heart.
- I am not an educated man. I never had an opportunity to learn anything except how to fight..
Quotes about VillaEdit
- The brutality and uncouthness of many of the revolutionary leaders has not prevented them from becoming popular myths. Villa still gallops through the north, in songs and ballads; Zapata dies at every popular fair. … It is the Revolution, the magical word, the word that is going to change everything, that is going to bring us immense delight and a quick death.
- Octavio Paz, as quoted in Staging Politics in Mexico: The Road to Neoliberalism (2004) by Stuart Alexander Day, p. 38
- Tengo el deber de informarle que Pancho Villa se encuentra en todas partes y en ninguna a la vez.
- I have the duty to inform you that Pancho Villa is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
- A report from an officer in Venustiano Carranza's army, mentioned in the book ¡Vamonos con Pancho Villa! (2007) by Rafael Muñoz.
- Hated by thousands and loved by millions.
- Richard Grant, as quoted in Bandit Roads: Into the Lawless Heart of Mexico, (2009)