Olympus Has Fallen
2013 film directed by Antoine Fuqua
Olympus Has Fallen is a 2013 action thriller film about a Secret Service agent removed from the Presidential Detail that must save the President who has been taken hostage after a group of North Korean terrorists seize control of the White House.
- Directed by Antoine Fuqa. Written by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt.
We are never stronger than when we are tested.Taglines
- [last lines] We've lost good friends, family. All good people. Heroes, every one of them. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families. And they will be remebered, nor will we forget those who served out of the spotlight, to whom we owe our highest gratitude. Our foe did not come only to destroy our things or our people, they came to desecrate a way of life. To foul our beliefs, to trample our freedom. And in this, not only did they fail, they gave us the greatest gift: a chance at our rebirth. We will rise, renewed, stronger and united. This is our time. Our chance to get back to the best of who we are. To lead by example with the honor, dignity and integrity that built this country, and which will build it once again. May God bless you. And may God bless these United States of America.
- I want to reassure the American people, and everyone in the world, that despite today's events, our government remains 100% functional. We know that the President is alive. To our friends, we are grateful for your loyalty and support. As a nation, we're never stronger than when tested. We will remain united and strong. God bless you all. And God bless the United States of America.
- There is a saying in Korea; seeing something a hundred times is not as good as living it once.
- It takes 15 minutes for your armed forces to reach the White House. We took it in thirteen.
- [Agent Roma is the last Secret Service agent left alive in the White House. He crawls on his hands and knees.]
- Agent Roma: [weakly; into his radio microphone] Olympus has fallen! Olympus has fallen! Olympus has fallen!
- [A terrorist prepares to shoot Roma. Roma flips to the supine position and kicks the terrorist behind the knee, causing him to stumble.]
- Agent Roma: FUCK YOU!
- [Roma shoots the terrorist though the head with his pistol. Another terrorist unloads his submachine gun into Roma, killing him. At the Command Post, an agent sees that the last active agent is dead.]
- Command Post Agent: [disbelieving] They've taken the White House...
- News Reporter: Not since the British burned down the White House in the War of 1812 has an enemy force occupied the center of American power.
- [Mike continues sneaking through the tunnels]
- Kang: [static] Agent Banning. Yes, I know who you are. Welcome to my house.
- [Mike pulls a walkie-talkie out]
- Mike: Hey, asshole. What took you so long?
- Kang: You are the one who let the First Lady die, no? And soon, the President. Failure seems to be a habit with you.
- Mike: Yeah, well, maybe I owe you for giving me the chance for making up for that today.
- Kang: I admire you for acknowledging your failure. But there's no going back. Nothing you try and do here tonight can atone.
- Mike: Yeah, maybe not. But I reckon fucking your shit up would be a pretty good start. You might wanna take a head count. The bodies are piling up.
- Kang: I have more than enough men to finish the mission.
- Mike: Oh, and by the way, if you're looking for Connor, he's on his way to the baseball game.
- Kang: How's your wife, Michael? Leah. She's a nurse. Saves lives. Too bad she will not save yours.
- Mike: You know what? How about you and I play a game of Fuck Off. You go first. [hangs up]
- [Mike appears on the PEOC's screen, stunning Kang]
- Mike: What's the matter, Kang? You look like you've seen a ghost. I guess you don't know who you can trust, huh? It's over. No more televised executions, no chopper, no more negotiating with you and the United People's Front of Who Gives a Fuck.
- Kang: I will send the President out... one piece at a time.
- Mike: It won't matter. Because whatever you think you accomplished, you won't be alive to see it.
- Kang: Shut him down.
- Mike: [as Lim tries unsuccessfully to disconnect him] You're not shutting me down, Kang. I'm here to stay.
- Kang: I underestimated you. It will not happen again.
- Mike: There is no "again". You're gonna die down there alone, cut off from the rest of the world. My advice? Save the last bullet for yourself. 'Cause if you don't, I'm gonna stick my knife through your brain. But don't worry, I'm gonna leak the photos of your body to the press. You know, 'cause I know you like that kind of shit. [ends the transmission]
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|